Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
Ghazal tipped to replace William at Sporting – Report
Nacional’s Aly Ghazal is being tipped with a move to Sporting as a possible replacement for William Carvalho, according to the Record.
The 23-year-old Egyptian is one of two players rumoured to be on Sporting’s radar, the other being Danilo Pereira who plays for Nacional’s local rivals, Marítimo.
Ghazal attracted interest from FC Porto last year after a string of good performances, and was tipped to be Fernando’s replacement when the Brazilian moved to Manchester City, but the two-time European Champions never followed up on their interest.
This season has been just as impressive for the Egyptian as he contributed to his club’s resurgence in the league following a poor start to the campaign, while also playing a key role in their recent Taça de Portugal run, which eventually ended in the semi-finals against Sporting a week ago.
Ghazal scored his second goal for Nacional in last weekend’s game against Gil Vicente, helping the team win 3-2 to keep alive their hopes of qualifying for next season’s Europa League.