Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Ghazal tipped to replace William at Sporting – Report
Nacional’s Aly Ghazal is being tipped with a move to Sporting as a possible replacement for William Carvalho, according to the Record.
The 23-year-old Egyptian is one of two players rumoured to be on Sporting’s radar, the other being Danilo Pereira who plays for Nacional’s local rivals, Marítimo.
Ghazal attracted interest from FC Porto last year after a string of good performances, and was tipped to be Fernando’s replacement when the Brazilian moved to Manchester City, but the two-time European Champions never followed up on their interest.
This season has been just as impressive for the Egyptian as he contributed to his club’s resurgence in the league following a poor start to the campaign, while also playing a key role in their recent Taça de Portugal run, which eventually ended in the semi-finals against Sporting a week ago.
Ghazal scored his second goal for Nacional in last weekend’s game against Gil Vicente, helping the team win 3-2 to keep alive their hopes of qualifying for next season’s Europa League.