Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
Ghazal tipped to replace William at Sporting – Report
Nacional’s Aly Ghazal is being tipped with a move to Sporting as a possible replacement for William Carvalho, according to the Record.
The 23-year-old Egyptian is one of two players rumoured to be on Sporting’s radar, the other being Danilo Pereira who plays for Nacional’s local rivals, Marítimo.
Ghazal attracted interest from FC Porto last year after a string of good performances, and was tipped to be Fernando’s replacement when the Brazilian moved to Manchester City, but the two-time European Champions never followed up on their interest.
This season has been just as impressive for the Egyptian as he contributed to his club’s resurgence in the league following a poor start to the campaign, while also playing a key role in their recent Taça de Portugal run, which eventually ended in the semi-finals against Sporting a week ago.
Ghazal scored his second goal for Nacional in last weekend’s game against Gil Vicente, helping the team win 3-2 to keep alive their hopes of qualifying for next season’s Europa League.