Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
Ghazal tipped to replace William at Sporting – Report
Nacional’s Aly Ghazal is being tipped with a move to Sporting as a possible replacement for William Carvalho, according to the Record.
The 23-year-old Egyptian is one of two players rumoured to be on Sporting’s radar, the other being Danilo Pereira who plays for Nacional’s local rivals, Marítimo.
Ghazal attracted interest from FC Porto last year after a string of good performances, and was tipped to be Fernando’s replacement when the Brazilian moved to Manchester City, but the two-time European Champions never followed up on their interest.
This season has been just as impressive for the Egyptian as he contributed to his club’s resurgence in the league following a poor start to the campaign, while also playing a key role in their recent Taça de Portugal run, which eventually ended in the semi-finals against Sporting a week ago.
Ghazal scored his second goal for Nacional in last weekend’s game against Gil Vicente, helping the team win 3-2 to keep alive their hopes of qualifying for next season’s Europa League.