Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
VIDEO: Kaoud hits brace as ENPPI thrash Ismaily 3-0 in Egyptian Premier League
ENPPI sealed their first league win since its restart with a 3-0 victory over Ismaily at the Petro Sport Stadium.
Tarek El-Ashry’s side applied pressure on their opponents early on, exploiting Ismaily’s defensive frailty, before Ahmed Gaafar scored the first goal of the game just 16 minutes after kick-off. The ex-Zamalek striker headed the ball with great precision past legendary Egypt goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary.
Ismaily tried to get back into the game with an immediate response, which they nearly achieved when Emmanuel Banahene found himself one-on-one with Abdel-Monsef, however, the Ghanaian’s effort hit the post.
Ten minutes later, ENPPI star Mahmoud Kaoud scored his first of the match following a brilliant through pass from Guinean forward Lama Koné.
In the second half, Gaafar nearly scored his sixth goal this season as his shot hit the post. ENPPI put the game to bed in the 76th minute, again capitalizing off a through pass, this time from Salah Ashour, which found Kaoud who blasted the ball from close range into the roof of the net.
The result keeps ENPPI at second with 47 points from 23 matches, four points from league leaders Zamalek, who played one game less. Ismaily’s points stayed at 33 from 23 games, having six points deducted at the beginning of the season for the overdue payment of a former player’s agent.
This is just Ismaily’s second defeat of the season, having lost to Arab Contractors in December.
ENPPI are to face Ittihad El-Shorta next while Ismaily go up against Misr El-Maqassa.