Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Kaoud hits brace as ENPPI thrash Ismaily 3-0 in Egyptian Premier League
ENPPI sealed their first league win since its restart with a 3-0 victory over Ismaily at the Petro Sport Stadium.
Tarek El-Ashry’s side applied pressure on their opponents early on, exploiting Ismaily’s defensive frailty, before Ahmed Gaafar scored the first goal of the game just 16 minutes after kick-off. The ex-Zamalek striker headed the ball with great precision past legendary Egypt goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary.
Ismaily tried to get back into the game with an immediate response, which they nearly achieved when Emmanuel Banahene found himself one-on-one with Abdel-Monsef, however, the Ghanaian’s effort hit the post.
Ten minutes later, ENPPI star Mahmoud Kaoud scored his first of the match following a brilliant through pass from Guinean forward Lama Koné.
In the second half, Gaafar nearly scored his sixth goal this season as his shot hit the post. ENPPI put the game to bed in the 76th minute, again capitalizing off a through pass, this time from Salah Ashour, which found Kaoud who blasted the ball from close range into the roof of the net.
The result keeps ENPPI at second with 47 points from 23 matches, four points from league leaders Zamalek, who played one game less. Ismaily’s points stayed at 33 from 23 games, having six points deducted at the beginning of the season for the overdue payment of a former player’s agent.
This is just Ismaily’s second defeat of the season, having lost to Arab Contractors in December.
ENPPI are to face Ittihad El-Shorta next while Ismaily go up against Misr El-Maqassa.