An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
VIDEO: Kaoud hits brace as ENPPI thrash Ismaily 3-0 in Egyptian Premier League
ENPPI sealed their first league win since its restart with a 3-0 victory over Ismaily at the Petro Sport Stadium.
Tarek El-Ashry’s side applied pressure on their opponents early on, exploiting Ismaily’s defensive frailty, before Ahmed Gaafar scored the first goal of the game just 16 minutes after kick-off. The ex-Zamalek striker headed the ball with great precision past legendary Egypt goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary.
Ismaily tried to get back into the game with an immediate response, which they nearly achieved when Emmanuel Banahene found himself one-on-one with Abdel-Monsef, however, the Ghanaian’s effort hit the post.
Ten minutes later, ENPPI star Mahmoud Kaoud scored his first of the match following a brilliant through pass from Guinean forward Lama Koné.
In the second half, Gaafar nearly scored his sixth goal this season as his shot hit the post. ENPPI put the game to bed in the 76th minute, again capitalizing off a through pass, this time from Salah Ashour, which found Kaoud who blasted the ball from close range into the roof of the net.
The result keeps ENPPI at second with 47 points from 23 matches, four points from league leaders Zamalek, who played one game less. Ismaily’s points stayed at 33 from 23 games, having six points deducted at the beginning of the season for the overdue payment of a former player’s agent.
This is just Ismaily’s second defeat of the season, having lost to Arab Contractors in December.
ENPPI are to face Ittihad El-Shorta next while Ismaily go up against Misr El-Maqassa.