The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
Salah features as Hellas Verona stun Fiorentina at home
The hosts started the game on the right foot, applying pressure and containing the opposition effectively. However, the visitors nearly scored the first goal of the night in the fourth minute, but Bosko Jankovic’s header was denied by Norberto Neto.
Following that chance, Fiorentina took control of the game and had numerous attempts on goal. Alessandro Diamanti posed the first real danger on Hellas Verona’s goal but his ball sailed wide. Shortly after Diamanti’s chance, Andrea Lazzari’s long-range shot came so close to goal, but it was deflected away by the defense. The hosts’ last chance of the first half was Alberto Gilardino’s header, which was pushed away by the Hellas Verona keeper.
In the second half, the Fiorentina players struggled to break through the opposition’s defense. Mohamed Salah was subbed on in the 62nd minute for Khouma Babacar, who only played five minutes before getting injured.
The home side was awarded a penalty in the 66th minute, but Alessandro Diamanti wasn’t able to convert from the penalty spot as the Hellas Verona’s keeper produced an impressive save.
La Viola pushed up in numbers, but the players were unsuccessful in scoring the first goal of the game. French-Moroccan Mounir Obbadi broke the hearts of the Fiorentina supporters in the 89th minute after the ball fell to his feet when Neto failed to get hold of the ball.
Fiorentina currently stand in 6th place of the Serie A standing, a position that takes them to the Europa League qualifications. La Viola’s next league game will be played at home against Cagilari next Sunday.