AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Injuries hit Al Ahly ahead of facing Damanhour in Egyptian league
Several Ahly players might miss the team’s next game in the Egyptian Premier League against Damanhour due to various injuries.
Al Ahly key player Walid Soliman suffered knee pain after the team’s game against Moghreb Tetouan in the first-leg of the 16th round of the CAF Champions League.
“The player will undergo medical tests on Wedensday to determine the possibility of his participation with the team against Damanhour,” Al Ahly doctor Khaled Mahmoud said.
The game also witnessed team’s midfielder Momen Zakaria cracking his wrist. Al Ahly doctor said that they would have to wait until they perform an X-ray on his wrist to determine the seriousness of his injury.
Left-back Hussein El Sayed, however, is suffering from muscular issues that might prevent him from taking part in the team’s next games.
“He was complaining of a muscle strain for two days before the match and he put a huge effort during the game,” Al Ahly doctor explained.
Al Ahly director of football Wael Gomaa explained that the team’s defender Mohamed Hany was taken off the field during the match after he suffered a bruise to the foot.
“He will undergo a medical examination to determine the expected period of absence,” Gomaa added.
Another absence from Al Ahly’s squad against Damanhour will be right-back Bassem Ali who suffered a minor injury during the team’s game against Moghreb Tetouan.
Al Ahly is set to face Damanhour in the 23rd round of the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday.