Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Meteb and Gedo fined after media comments
Al Ahly have decided to hit strikers Emad Meteb and Mohamed Nagi Gedo with a fine for misconduct while addressing the media.
The decision comes as both players gave quotes to the media showing discontent, as Meteb was excluded from the squad list to face Moghreb Tetouan while Gedo was eliminated from the team’s African squad.
It was reported that Meteb was fined 200,000 EGP because of his comments after he learned of his elimination, but the decision has also included Gedo. Each player will be fined 100,000 Egyptian pounds.
The Red Devils are set resume training in the aftermath of their return from Morocco, in a trip that brought about a defeat against Moghreb Tetouan in the CAF Champions League.