An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Egypt to play Djibouti, Malawi friendlies
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) announced on Wednesday that the Pharaohs will take on Djibouti and Malawi in friendly matches as they continue preparing for 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers.
Egypt will take on Djibouti on May 21 and Malawi on June 8, according to a statement on the EFA’s official website.
The seven-time AFCON champions have been hard at work preparing for their first qualifier, which is tabbed for June 14 against Tanzania. It will be the first competitive test for new manager Hector Cuper.
Chad and Nigeria comprise the remainder of Group G.
Egypt, AFCON’s most successful side, has not qualified for the tournament since winning it in 2010.