Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Egypt to play Djibouti, Malawi friendlies
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) announced on Wednesday that the Pharaohs will take on Djibouti and Malawi in friendly matches as they continue preparing for 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers.
Egypt will take on Djibouti on May 21 and Malawi on June 8, according to a statement on the EFA’s official website.
The seven-time AFCON champions have been hard at work preparing for their first qualifier, which is tabbed for June 14 against Tanzania. It will be the first competitive test for new manager Hector Cuper.
Chad and Nigeria comprise the remainder of Group G.
Egypt, AFCON’s most successful side, has not qualified for the tournament since winning it in 2010.