After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Egypt to play Djibouti, Malawi friendlies
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) announced on Wednesday that the Pharaohs will take on Djibouti and Malawi in friendly matches as they continue preparing for 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers.
Egypt will take on Djibouti on May 21 and Malawi on June 8, according to a statement on the EFA’s official website.
The seven-time AFCON champions have been hard at work preparing for their first qualifier, which is tabbed for June 14 against Tanzania. It will be the first competitive test for new manager Hector Cuper.
Chad and Nigeria comprise the remainder of Group G.
Egypt, AFCON’s most successful side, has not qualified for the tournament since winning it in 2010.