Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Salah helps Fiorentina past Dynamo Kiev to reach Europa League semi-finals
After completely dominating the match, La Viola deservedly walk away with a win at home against Ukrainian opponents Dynamo Kyiv to advance to the Europa League semi-finals.
As the first half kicked-off, Fiorentina did really well to make sure their opponents had no attempts on goal. Constant long balls into the box and quick passes between the players helped achieve a deserved win at home.
Throughout the first half, Fiorentina had many dangerous attempts on goal. In the 9th minute, Mohamed Salah played a nice one-two with Chile international Matias Fernandez, whose return pass found Salah one-on-one with the keeper, but the Egyptian struggled to find the back of the net.
Exactly one minute later, Spanish teammate Joaquin struck a deadly shot on goal but unfortunately for the hosts saw it rattle the crossbar.
With constant pressure from Fiorentina, Gomez also found himself with opportunities to put the Italian club ahead, but failed to do so.
In the 43rd minute, Mario Gomez received a long ball from Joaquin, and with a light tap found the back of the net to put La Viola ahead against their opponents.
As the second half was underway, Mohamed Salah was eager to add to the score tally. After receiving a pass inside the box, the Egyptian put enormous amounts of pressure on Dynamo defender Antunes as he snatched the ball from the left-back’s feet and went for goal, but hit the crossbar.
The second half continued with Fiorentina continuing to press the Ukrainians, giving them barley any room to breathe.
In the 93rd minute, substitute Juan Vargas, who came on for Salah in the 87th minute, scored a beautiful goal to close the game for the Italian side as the match finished 2-0 with the score on aggregate being 3-1 for the Italian club.
This is the second time Salah will play in the competition’s semi-finals, after helping FC Basel reach the same stage two years ago.
Fiorentina will now wait to see whom they draw for the semi-finals of the competition, but their next match is in Serie A against Cagliari on April 26th.