Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Montella, Mencucci praise ‘unpredictable’ Salah, hopeful over Viola future
After successfully beating Dynamo Kyiv in the second leg of the UEFA Europa League quarter-finals, Vincenzo Montella had a few words to say about ‘unpredictable’ Mohamed Salah.
When speaking on the Egyptian winger, Montella stated, ”Sometimes no one can predict what he will do with the ball, even his own teammates.”
The Viola boss was then quick to defend Salah, after reports were emerging that the 22-year-old is more of a selfish player on the pitch, stating, ”Salah is not selfish, this is his style of playing.”
Following the semi-final draw in Nyon, which paired Fiorentina up with Sevilla, the CEO of the club, Sandro Mencucci, had hopeful words regarding the Egyptian’s future with the Italian side.
“Salah has been regenerated ever since joining Fiorentina. He has become a star in the team, and I believe he will be part of the team next year,” Mencucci told Sky Sport Italia.
It is worth mentioning that La Viola have the option to extend the Egyptian’s loan another year before deciding to keep him permanently or not, all depending on the club’s financial situations.
Fiorentina’s next match is against Cagliari in Serie A on Sunday, April 26th.