Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Montella, Mencucci praise ‘unpredictable’ Salah, hopeful over Viola future
After successfully beating Dynamo Kyiv in the second leg of the UEFA Europa League quarter-finals, Vincenzo Montella had a few words to say about ‘unpredictable’ Mohamed Salah.
When speaking on the Egyptian winger, Montella stated, ”Sometimes no one can predict what he will do with the ball, even his own teammates.”
The Viola boss was then quick to defend Salah, after reports were emerging that the 22-year-old is more of a selfish player on the pitch, stating, ”Salah is not selfish, this is his style of playing.”
Following the semi-final draw in Nyon, which paired Fiorentina up with Sevilla, the CEO of the club, Sandro Mencucci, had hopeful words regarding the Egyptian’s future with the Italian side.
“Salah has been regenerated ever since joining Fiorentina. He has become a star in the team, and I believe he will be part of the team next year,” Mencucci told Sky Sport Italia.
It is worth mentioning that La Viola have the option to extend the Egyptian’s loan another year before deciding to keep him permanently or not, all depending on the club’s financial situations.
Fiorentina’s next match is against Cagliari in Serie A on Sunday, April 26th.