Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
Montella, Mencucci praise ‘unpredictable’ Salah, hopeful over Viola future
After successfully beating Dynamo Kyiv in the second leg of the UEFA Europa League quarter-finals, Vincenzo Montella had a few words to say about ‘unpredictable’ Mohamed Salah.
When speaking on the Egyptian winger, Montella stated, ”Sometimes no one can predict what he will do with the ball, even his own teammates.”
The Viola boss was then quick to defend Salah, after reports were emerging that the 22-year-old is more of a selfish player on the pitch, stating, ”Salah is not selfish, this is his style of playing.”
Following the semi-final draw in Nyon, which paired Fiorentina up with Sevilla, the CEO of the club, Sandro Mencucci, had hopeful words regarding the Egyptian’s future with the Italian side.
“Salah has been regenerated ever since joining Fiorentina. He has become a star in the team, and I believe he will be part of the team next year,” Mencucci told Sky Sport Italia.
It is worth mentioning that La Viola have the option to extend the Egyptian’s loan another year before deciding to keep him permanently or not, all depending on the club’s financial situations.
Fiorentina’s next match is against Cagliari in Serie A on Sunday, April 26th.