Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
VIDEO: Zamalek net two in win over Ittihad of Alexandria
Zamalek XI: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Omar Gaber, Mohamed Koffi, Islam Gamal, Ahmed Samir, Ahmed Tawfik (Mohamed Shaaban), Ibrahim Salah, Moruf Youssef (Tarek Hamed), Ahmed Eid (Mostafa Fathy), Bassem Morsi, Khaled Kamar.
Ittihad of Alexandria XI: Ali Farag, Abdelrahman Farouk, Mohamed Bazooka, Mohamed Samir, Hani Said (Hossam Hassan), Islam Saleh, Ramzi Khaled, Fathy Mabrouk (Mohamed Gomaa) Akram Abdo Rabo, Amr Warda, Mohamed Hamdy.
The first half was balanced but Omar Gaber scored the first goal in the game with 17 minutes on the clock with an impressive sprint past Ittihad’s defence, before curling his shot in the roof of the net.
The Alexandrians had a myriad chances to score, Akram Abd Rabo’s header going inches wide of the post, much to relief of Jesualdo Ferreira’s men.
Mohamed Hamdy was next to squander his chance when he latched onto a loose ball before fluffing his finish from close range.
Another Abd Rabo header caused Zamalek danger later on, but this time the forward’s header slammed against the post and went out for a White goal-kick.
Ittihad tried a lot to level the score after the restart, and came close to doing so but there was no one on the end of Fathi Mabrouk’s perfect cross.
Bassem Morsi killed them with a fantastic header on the 65th minute after latching onto Ahmed Samir’s cross to direct a header past Ali Farag.
The game cooled off from that point, with Zamalek playing to see out the result, to return to Meet Okba with all three points.
The win thus puts Zamalek eight points clear of arch-rivals Al Ahly who sit in third.