South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
VIDEO: Zamalek net two in win over Ittihad of Alexandria
Zamalek XI: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Omar Gaber, Mohamed Koffi, Islam Gamal, Ahmed Samir, Ahmed Tawfik (Mohamed Shaaban), Ibrahim Salah, Moruf Youssef (Tarek Hamed), Ahmed Eid (Mostafa Fathy), Bassem Morsi, Khaled Kamar.
Ittihad of Alexandria XI: Ali Farag, Abdelrahman Farouk, Mohamed Bazooka, Mohamed Samir, Hani Said (Hossam Hassan), Islam Saleh, Ramzi Khaled, Fathy Mabrouk (Mohamed Gomaa) Akram Abdo Rabo, Amr Warda, Mohamed Hamdy.
The first half was balanced but Omar Gaber scored the first goal in the game with 17 minutes on the clock with an impressive sprint past Ittihad’s defence, before curling his shot in the roof of the net.
The Alexandrians had a myriad chances to score, Akram Abd Rabo’s header going inches wide of the post, much to relief of Jesualdo Ferreira’s men.
Mohamed Hamdy was next to squander his chance when he latched onto a loose ball before fluffing his finish from close range.
Another Abd Rabo header caused Zamalek danger later on, but this time the forward’s header slammed against the post and went out for a White goal-kick.
Ittihad tried a lot to level the score after the restart, and came close to doing so but there was no one on the end of Fathi Mabrouk’s perfect cross.
Bassem Morsi killed them with a fantastic header on the 65th minute after latching onto Ahmed Samir’s cross to direct a header past Ali Farag.
The game cooled off from that point, with Zamalek playing to see out the result, to return to Meet Okba with all three points.
The win thus puts Zamalek eight points clear of arch-rivals Al Ahly who sit in third.