Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
EXCLUSIVE: Mokhtar Mokhtar denies Al Ahly interest
Ex-Petrojet and ENPPI manager Mokhtar Mokhtar has denied contact from Al Ahly for his services to KingFut.com.
Several reports have linked the veteran manager, who made over 150 appearances for the Red Devils in the 70s and 80s, to Juan Carlos Garrido’s job.
Garrido came under fire following Al Ahly’s recent form domestically and in Africa, leading to reports of his imminent dismissal.
Mokhtar was at the club today, with reports saying he was there for a meeting with Al Ahly officials.
“I was at the club for a 5-a-side match with some friends, and not for negotiations with Al Ahly,” Mokhtar told KingFut.com.
“No one has contacted me from the club, and I didn’t even think of replacing Juan Carlos Garrido,” Mokhtar added.
ENPPI manager Tarek El-Ashry, Hossam El-Badry and former interim manager Fathi Mabrouk are the other names linked to the job in case Al Ahly decide to dismiss the Spaniard.