Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
EXCLUSIVE: Mokhtar Mokhtar denies Al Ahly interest
Ex-Petrojet and ENPPI manager Mokhtar Mokhtar has denied contact from Al Ahly for his services to KingFut.com.
Several reports have linked the veteran manager, who made over 150 appearances for the Red Devils in the 70s and 80s, to Juan Carlos Garrido’s job.
Garrido came under fire following Al Ahly’s recent form domestically and in Africa, leading to reports of his imminent dismissal.
Mokhtar was at the club today, with reports saying he was there for a meeting with Al Ahly officials.
“I was at the club for a 5-a-side match with some friends, and not for negotiations with Al Ahly,” Mokhtar told KingFut.com.
“No one has contacted me from the club, and I didn’t even think of replacing Juan Carlos Garrido,” Mokhtar added.
ENPPI manager Tarek El-Ashry, Hossam El-Badry and former interim manager Fathi Mabrouk are the other names linked to the job in case Al Ahly decide to dismiss the Spaniard.