Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
EXCLUSIVE: Ahmed Soliman quits Zamalek
The recently-appointed director of football Ahmed Soliman rejected ex-Zamalek star Mahmoud Abdel-Razek Shikabala’s imminent return to the Whites.
Soliman was furious in Mortada Mansour’s office and yelled: “What brought these people here?” An action that angered the Zamalek chairman and led to relieving Ahmed Soliman from his director of football duties. The ex-Egypt goalkeeping coach presented his resignation shortly after that.
Attempts were made to contact Soliman but he was out of reach until he answered to confirm that he is no longer Zamalek-affiliated.
The latest development of the story is that Soliman faxed the Ministry of Sports informing them about his resignation.
– Ahmed Ezzeldin contributed to reporting