Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
VIDEO: Zamalek go seven points clear with Haras El-Hodood win
Ali Gabr returned to Zamalek’s starting XI as he recovered from injury, helping Zamalek secure their 13th league clean sheet this season.
Haras El-Hodood dominated the first half of the game, keeping the ball for themselves, while Zamalek seemed to follow a counter-attack mentality as the 11 White Knights were kept in their own half on multiple occasions.
The second half went in an exactly opposite manner as Zamalek controlled the game, creating chance after chance. Zamalek coach Jesualdo Ferreira substitutions proved to be on point, as one scored, Ahmed Ali, while the other two reinforced Zamalek’s midfield and attacking line: Ahmed Eid and Ibrahim Salah.
The first goal of the game came through Omar Gaber. A Mostafa Fathy shot was deflected by a Haras defender to find Gaber, and the 23-year-old controlled the ball calmly and blasted it past Ahmed Saad from close range. This was Omar Gaber’s second goal in two league games, scoring his first against Ittihad of Alexandria.
Ahmed Ali scored his first league goal since December when Moruf Yusuf’s shot was deflected to find the former Ismaily striker, who then tapped the ball over the keeper to score Zamalek’s second.
Haras El-Hodood failed to shoot a single shot on target, making El-Shennawy’s job easy.
Zamalek now have 57 points from 24 games to regain their seven-point lead at the top of the table, while Haras El-Hodood stay at 14th with 30 points from the same number of games.