Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Al Masry goalkeeper Ahmed Masoud moved to ICU
Al Masry goalkeeper Ahmed Masoud has been transferred to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a Port Said hospital.
Ahmed Masoud suffered a cut on his eyelid, which took seven stitches to heal, and fractures on the left side of his face after a collision between him and a Smouha player, Ahmed Shokry, which saw the former subbed off the game.
His visit to the hospital came after he failed to gain full consciousness following the game, which meant he could have been suffering from a concussion.
According to the player’s brother, he will be transferred to a hospital in Cairo by dawn if his condition does improve to operate under his eye, since that is where he can get the best medical help. He also accused Shokry of deliberately hurting Masoud and feels bitter that he did not visit him in the hospital.
Ahmed Masoud was also rejected in a hospital in Ismailia, which saw him transferred straight to Port Said.
It is to be noted that Masoud is on a year-long loan at Al Masry from Misr El-Maqassa, and was recently in talks to extend his loan deal with the Port Said-based club.