Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Al Masry goalkeeper Ahmed Masoud moved to ICU
Al Masry goalkeeper Ahmed Masoud has been transferred to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a Port Said hospital.
Ahmed Masoud suffered a cut on his eyelid, which took seven stitches to heal, and fractures on the left side of his face after a collision between him and a Smouha player, Ahmed Shokry, which saw the former subbed off the game.
His visit to the hospital came after he failed to gain full consciousness following the game, which meant he could have been suffering from a concussion.
According to the player’s brother, he will be transferred to a hospital in Cairo by dawn if his condition does improve to operate under his eye, since that is where he can get the best medical help. He also accused Shokry of deliberately hurting Masoud and feels bitter that he did not visit him in the hospital.
Ahmed Masoud was also rejected in a hospital in Ismailia, which saw him transferred straight to Port Said.
It is to be noted that Masoud is on a year-long loan at Al Masry from Misr El-Maqassa, and was recently in talks to extend his loan deal with the Port Said-based club.