Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Al Masry goalkeeper Ahmed Masoud moved to ICU
Al Masry goalkeeper Ahmed Masoud has been transferred to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a Port Said hospital.
Ahmed Masoud suffered a cut on his eyelid, which took seven stitches to heal, and fractures on the left side of his face after a collision between him and a Smouha player, Ahmed Shokry, which saw the former subbed off the game.
His visit to the hospital came after he failed to gain full consciousness following the game, which meant he could have been suffering from a concussion.
According to the player’s brother, he will be transferred to a hospital in Cairo by dawn if his condition does improve to operate under his eye, since that is where he can get the best medical help. He also accused Shokry of deliberately hurting Masoud and feels bitter that he did not visit him in the hospital.
Ahmed Masoud was also rejected in a hospital in Ismailia, which saw him transferred straight to Port Said.
It is to be noted that Masoud is on a year-long loan at Al Masry from Misr El-Maqassa, and was recently in talks to extend his loan deal with the Port Said-based club.