Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Al Masry goalkeeper Ahmed Masoud moved to ICU
Al Masry goalkeeper Ahmed Masoud has been transferred to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a Port Said hospital.
Ahmed Masoud suffered a cut on his eyelid, which took seven stitches to heal, and fractures on the left side of his face after a collision between him and a Smouha player, Ahmed Shokry, which saw the former subbed off the game.
His visit to the hospital came after he failed to gain full consciousness following the game, which meant he could have been suffering from a concussion.
According to the player’s brother, he will be transferred to a hospital in Cairo by dawn if his condition does improve to operate under his eye, since that is where he can get the best medical help. He also accused Shokry of deliberately hurting Masoud and feels bitter that he did not visit him in the hospital.
Ahmed Masoud was also rejected in a hospital in Ismailia, which saw him transferred straight to Port Said.
It is to be noted that Masoud is on a year-long loan at Al Masry from Misr El-Maqassa, and was recently in talks to extend his loan deal with the Port Said-based club.