Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Algeria Ligue 1: All 16 clubs still in title race
Only 11 points separate front-runners ES Sétif from last place NA Hussein Dey.
Algeria’s top league is wide open for any team with only four weeks of matches remaining in the the 2014-2015 campaign.
As some leading clubs smoothly sail to victory in their respective league, Algerian Ligue 1 leaders have been feeling the pressure over the past five weeks, which has seen the gap close to within 11 points from the bottom and top of the league’s standings, currently the same as that between Zamalek and Al Ahly.
League leaders, ES Sétif, MO Bejaia and MC Oran have hit slumps in the past few weeks, notching only five wins combined, which has created a bottle neck in the Ligue 1 table and leaves the title wide open for any club’s taking.
MO Bejaia, currently in second place, have lost four out of five of its past matches, scoring only four goals in that span. Meanwhile, ES Sétif and MC Oran have won twice in five games, with MC Oran scoring the fewest goals out of the league leaders.
Currently, four points separate ES Sétif from seventh-placed JS Kabylie, but last-placed NA Hussein Dey trails Sétif by 11 points. Kabylie could leapfrog this year’s CAF Super Cup champions if Sétif loses its remaining matches and the Canaries win its final four games.
Clubs ranked below seventh place are also in tight race to stay above the relegation line, with only five points separating them.
The Black Eagles will face off against MC Oran on May 22 for their final match of the season, and Bejaia is slated to play MC Oran later this week.
Algeria’s Ligue 1 Table
|4||USM El Harrach||26||12||3||11||26||27||-1||39|
|11||MC El Eulma||26||10||4||12||34||31||+3||34|
|14||USM Bel Abbès||26||8||8||10||18||23||-5||32|
|16||NA Hussein Dey||26||7||9||10||19||21||-2||30|