Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Post match-comments: Garrido remains as Al Ahly coach
Al Ahly’s match against Arab Contractors was highly-anticipated by those interested in Egyptian football. Juan Carlos Garrido’s latest comments on the reasons behind the Reds’ rather unconvincing performance led many to believe that any mistake would cause him his position as Al Ahly’s head coach.
It was highly-suggested that Arab Contractors and Moghreb Tétouan’s matches were Garrido’s final chances, however, despite Al Ahly’s loss to Arab Contractors, both the club’s president Mahmoud Taher and Garrido confirmed that he will remain unchanged, for now.
Juan Carlos Garrido
In the press conference following the match, Al Ahly’s Spaniard coach said that he won’t resign, adding that his departure from the Red Castle is in the hands of Taher.
“The president has every right to take the decision which he sees fit. I won’t talk about the decisions of someone else; I will do my job,” Garrido said.
“I will resume my job, manage training sessions and matches and choose players,” he added.
Concerning the league, the 46-year-old coach admitted that claiming the title is almost impossible; given that Zamalek are now 11 points clear at the top of the table.
“Zamalek have to lose matches and Al Ahly have to win all the remaining matches; which is why the possibility has lessened,” Garrido explained.
Garrido believes that his team’s loss was unexpected and that they played a good match. He added that the game had many positive outcomes despite the defeat.
“I don’t agree with whoever claims that the line up or the substitutions were wrong, this is his own perspective,” Garrdio responded to growing criticisms over his line up choice.
Al Ahly president Mahmoud Taher attended the match at the Petro Sport Stadium. He said that Al Ahly played well and wasted many chances during the game.
He also declared that Garrido will remain in his position until the end of this season.
“Losing to Arab Contractors won’t change the board’s decision to give this coaching staff a chance until the end of the season,” Taher said.