Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Koka linked with move to Benfica – Report
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ is on Benfica’s list of potential summer reinforcements, according to reports in Portugal.
The Egyptian striker is being tracked by a number of clubs, including Benfica’s cross-city rivals Sporting, who have already had a proposal rejected by Rio Ave in January with the club’s President citing better proposals from abroad as the reason.
Rio Ave’s coach, Pedro Martins, refused to acknowledge the interest from other clubs, saying: “I know nothing [about transfer talk]. Hassan has evolved a lot this season. He has great quality and can succeed at any club.”
Koka is hot property in Portugal having scored 15 goals in 35 appearances for the Vila do Conde outfit this season.
The 22-year-old is currently out injured with a muscle tear and in the final stages of recuperation, but could well make the squad for the second leg of Rio Ave’s Taça de Portugal tie against Braga on Thursday evening where the club aims to overturn a three-goal deficit having lost the first-leg 3-0 at the start of this month.
It is believed that Rio Ave want at least €1.5 million for Koka.