Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
Koka linked with move to Benfica – Report
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ is on Benfica’s list of potential summer reinforcements, according to reports in Portugal.
The Egyptian striker is being tracked by a number of clubs, including Benfica’s cross-city rivals Sporting, who have already had a proposal rejected by Rio Ave in January with the club’s President citing better proposals from abroad as the reason.
Rio Ave’s coach, Pedro Martins, refused to acknowledge the interest from other clubs, saying: “I know nothing [about transfer talk]. Hassan has evolved a lot this season. He has great quality and can succeed at any club.”
Koka is hot property in Portugal having scored 15 goals in 35 appearances for the Vila do Conde outfit this season.
The 22-year-old is currently out injured with a muscle tear and in the final stages of recuperation, but could well make the squad for the second leg of Rio Ave’s Taça de Portugal tie against Braga on Thursday evening where the club aims to overturn a three-goal deficit having lost the first-leg 3-0 at the start of this month.
It is believed that Rio Ave want at least €1.5 million for Koka.