KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Al Ahly fans’ strong messages to team ahead of CAF Champions League encounter
Al Ahly’s coaching staff headed by Spanish coach Juan Carlos Garrido allowed the club’s fans to attend Thursday’s training session at Mokhtar El-Tetsh Stadium, ahead of their clash with Moghreb Tetouan in the CAF Champions League this weekend.
Al Ahly fans would be aiming to give the team a much-needed lift following poor performances from the Cairo-based giants, most recently the loss against Arab Contractors in the Egyptian Premier League, which has put manager Garrido under immense pressure. Currently fans are yet to be allowed to attend matches in stadiums following the latest football tragedy in Egypt – the Air Defence Stadium disaster.
As usual, hundreds of Ahly’s fans arrived; chanting and raising their banners, effectively creating an amazing atmosphere that would most definitely encourage the team to perform well against Moghreb Tétouan in the upcoming CAF Champions League match on Saturday, May 2nd, as the Reds must win following their loss in the 1st leg.
Here are some of the banners:
Following the training session, Garrido tweeted:
That's Football. That's Al Ahly . I hope soon I can see them at stadium. Ahlawy stronger together pic.twitter.com/fQG3a3orth
— JuanCarlosGarrido (@JCGarrido) April 30, 2015
‘I am an Ahlawy and proud’
‘Happiness comes after distress and we learn from life’