Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Hassan Shehata: Shikabala’s return to Zamalek might cause problems
Current Arab Contractors manager and former Zamalek player Hassan Shehata said that the return of Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ to the Whites could cause problems.
Earlier this week, KingFut exclusively revealed that Zamalek reached an agreement with Sporting Lisbon playmaker Shikabala to return to the club. The 29-year-old had signed for Sporting in January 2014, but since the start of last summer has went AWOL, with the club president recently confirming that he doesn’t know where the player is.
In a televised interview, Shehata expressed his disapproval of Shikabala’s return at the current time, fearing it might create problems.
“Shikabala’s return might cause problems within the club, I’m saying it might because I can’t be sure,” said Shehata.
The Zamalek legend asserted that he doesn’t interfere with the club’s decision, saying that only the board and coach could make such decisions.
Shehata explained that he’s against Shikabala returning to Zamalek upon the request of anyone, stating that the player himself should express his desire to play for the White Castle again.
“The player should’ve tried to return alone and not through an agent,” Shehata added.
The former Egyptian national team manager concluded his interview stating that Zamalek will be the Egyptian league champions this season for they are the most organized team in the country.