Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Al Ahly announce squad for Moghreb Tétouan must-win game
Al Ahly manager Juan Carlos Garrido has announced his 20-man squad to face Moghreb Tétouan on Saturday in the second leg of the CAF Champions League round of 16.
The list included striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher who has been regularly excluded from the team’s squad this season.
The team, however, will be missing Hussein El-Sayed, who had picked up an injury during the team’s 1-0 loss to Arab Contractors in the Egyptian Premier league. Sabry Rahil, El-Sayed’s only substitute for the left-back position, was included in the squad.
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Mossad Awad, Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim.
Defenders: Saad Samir, Bassem Ai, Sherif Hazem, Sabry Rahil.
Midfielders: Abdallah El-Said, Momen Zakaria, Mahmoud Trezeguet, Walid Soliman, Hossam Ghaly, Ramadan Sobhy, Karim Bambo, Hossam Ashour, Islam Roushdy, Mohamed Rizk.
Forwards: Saladin Said, Emad Meteb, Ahmed Abdel-Zaher.
Al Ahly have to claim a home victory after losing their away game 1-0 to the Moroccan champions in the stoppage time. The Red Devils are aiming to avoid an early exit from the CAF Confederation Cup for the second year in row, after they had lost to Ahly Benghazi of Libya 4-2 on aggregate in last year’s championship.
Moghreb Tétouan qualified for the round of 16 after they defeated Nigerian Kano Pillars on aggregate in the previous round, while Al Ahly, who are bidding for their 9th title, qualified for this round after knocking out Rwanda’s A.P.R.