Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Ismaily: We don’t acknowledge points deduction
Ismaily board announced in an official statement that they do not acknowledge the Egyptian Football Association’s decision to deduct six points at the beginning of the season for the overdue payment of a former player’s agent.
Ismaily are now 11th with 34 points from 25 matches after having the 6 points deducted, just five points away from the relegation zone.
Board member Walid El-Kilany talked about the six point deduction saying: “The EFA was happy to deduct the points, they did it swiftly without even meeting with us [Ismaily’s board] or aiding the club to reverse the decision after we paid the amount due to the player’s agent.”
“Deduct whatever you want, we have 40 points and we do not acknowledge your deduction decision,” he added.
He also stated that Ismaily is not fighting for relegation this year, and that the club will bounce back eventually.
“Multiple clubs are in the same position we are in this season, Liverpool fifth, Inter Milan eighth and Milan are 10th, however, all the clubs’ popularity was not affected with their performances,” he added.
“We all have to be optimistic and stand together for the club’s revival in general, and the return of our football team to their normal position next season,” he concluded.
Ismaily won just one game of their last eight, putting one of Egypt’s biggest clubs in a difficult position. With 13 games remaining, the earlier 6 points deduction can be determinant in the relegation battle this season.
It’s well worth mentioning that 5 teams will be relegated to the 2nd division this season.