Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Ismaily: We don’t acknowledge points deduction
Ismaily board announced in an official statement that they do not acknowledge the Egyptian Football Association’s decision to deduct six points at the beginning of the season for the overdue payment of a former player’s agent.
Ismaily are now 11th with 34 points from 25 matches after having the 6 points deducted, just five points away from the relegation zone.
Board member Walid El-Kilany talked about the six point deduction saying: “The EFA was happy to deduct the points, they did it swiftly without even meeting with us [Ismaily’s board] or aiding the club to reverse the decision after we paid the amount due to the player’s agent.”
“Deduct whatever you want, we have 40 points and we do not acknowledge your deduction decision,” he added.
He also stated that Ismaily is not fighting for relegation this year, and that the club will bounce back eventually.
“Multiple clubs are in the same position we are in this season, Liverpool fifth, Inter Milan eighth and Milan are 10th, however, all the clubs’ popularity was not affected with their performances,” he added.
“We all have to be optimistic and stand together for the club’s revival in general, and the return of our football team to their normal position next season,” he concluded.
Ismaily won just one game of their last eight, putting one of Egypt’s biggest clubs in a difficult position. With 13 games remaining, the earlier 6 points deduction can be determinant in the relegation battle this season.
It’s well worth mentioning that 5 teams will be relegated to the 2nd division this season.