Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
EXCLUSIVE: Cardiff, Leeds among Championship clubs interested in Sam Morsy
Egypt-eligble midfielder Sam Morsy, who has captained Chesterfield to a Championship promotion playoff place, is being chased by a number of Championship clubs.
KingFut can exclusively reveal that Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan had all made offers in January with Leeds showing strong interest for Sam Morsy, but were hastily rejected by Chesterfield, who lost their top goalscorer Eoin Doyle to Cardiff City and were looking for an astronomical fee for the 23-year-old Egyptian.
Morsy, who in an interview with KingFut expressed his intentions to continue improving his game and progressing with Chesterfield, has said that it would be his dream to represent Egypt.
Chesterfield finished the season with a 1-1 draw against Sheffield United who managed to finish one place above them in 5th.
The Spireites had already guaranteed themselves a promotional playoff place after their 2-0 defeat to League One champions Bristol City.
Chesterfield will play Preston North End in the Championship promotion playoff semi-final on the 7th May at the Proact Stadium with the return leg at Prestons’s Deepdale on 10th May.