Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
EXCLUSIVE: Cardiff, Leeds among Championship clubs interested in Sam Morsy
KingFut can exclusively reveal that Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan had all made offers in January with Leeds showing strong interest for Sam Morsy, but were hastily rejected by Chesterfield, who lost their top goalscorer Eoin Doyle to Cardiff City and were looking for an astronomical fee for the 23-year-old Egyptian.
Morsy, who in an interview with KingFut expressed his intentions to continue improving his game and progressing with Chesterfield, has said that it would be his dream to represent Egypt.
Chesterfield finished the season with a 1-1 draw against Sheffield United who managed to finish one place above them in 5th.
The Spireites had already guaranteed themselves a promotional playoff place after their 2-0 defeat to League One champions Bristol City.
Chesterfield will play Preston North End in the Championship promotion playoff semi-final on the 7th May at the Proact Stadium with the return leg at Prestons’s Deepdale on 10th May.