Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
EXCLUSIVE: Cardiff, Leeds among Championship clubs interested in Sam Morsy
Egypt-eligble midfielder Sam Morsy, who has captained Chesterfield to a Championship promotion playoff place, is being chased by a number of Championship clubs.
KingFut can exclusively reveal that Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan had all made offers in January with Leeds showing strong interest for Sam Morsy, but were hastily rejected by Chesterfield, who lost their top goalscorer Eoin Doyle to Cardiff City and were looking for an astronomical fee for the 23-year-old Egyptian.
Morsy, who in an interview with KingFut expressed his intentions to continue improving his game and progressing with Chesterfield, has said that it would be his dream to represent Egypt.
Chesterfield finished the season with a 1-1 draw against Sheffield United who managed to finish one place above them in 5th.
The Spireites had already guaranteed themselves a promotional playoff place after their 2-0 defeat to League One champions Bristol City.
Chesterfield will play Preston North End in the Championship promotion playoff semi-final on the 7th May at the Proact Stadium with the return leg at Prestons’s Deepdale on 10th May.