Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Mourinho: If we win the title everyone is a champion
Chelsea, who will have three fixtures remaining in the Premier League after their match against Crystal Palace on Sunday, need only three points to secure the title.
Players need a minimum of five appearances to qualify for a medal, and Salah has only made three this season, but the club can still request to have him issued with one, but that’s only after delegation with the board. Nevertheless, manager Jose Mourinho believes his entire squad this season are champions.
Mourinho was quoted in his pre-match press conference before what could be the title decider at Stamford Bridge, saying: “For me, if we win the title, everyone is a champion.”
“Mohamed Salah and Andre Schurrle are not here. They are champions, champions for sure.
“Petr played six matches. We are speaking about 18 points. We are speaking about crucial matches, crucial saves. Even one minute can be enough, so Petr was very, very important for this title.”
Chelsea-owned winger Mohamed Salah has found it hard to nail down a starting position at Chelsea this season, making just three appearances before being loaned out to Fiorentina during the January transfer window, notching up an impressive tally of seven goals for La Viola in the process.
There has been reported interest in the Egyptian from Italian giants Juventus as well as Bundesliga side VFL Wolfsburg, with reports of Tottenham showing an interest within the past 48 hours.