Ghana who have been without a coach since Avram Grant’s depature could...
- Italian coach Fabrizio Ravanelli linked with Black Stars job
- SQUASH: An All Egyptian Women Final in Windy City Open Squash
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
Mourinho: If we win the title everyone is a champion
Chelsea, who will have three fixtures remaining in the Premier League after their match against Crystal Palace on Sunday, need only three points to secure the title.
Players need a minimum of five appearances to qualify for a medal, and Salah has only made three this season, but the club can still request to have him issued with one, but that’s only after delegation with the board. Nevertheless, manager Jose Mourinho believes his entire squad this season are champions.
Mourinho was quoted in his pre-match press conference before what could be the title decider at Stamford Bridge, saying: “For me, if we win the title, everyone is a champion.”
“Mohamed Salah and Andre Schurrle are not here. They are champions, champions for sure.
“Petr played six matches. We are speaking about 18 points. We are speaking about crucial matches, crucial saves. Even one minute can be enough, so Petr was very, very important for this title.”
Chelsea-owned winger Mohamed Salah has found it hard to nail down a starting position at Chelsea this season, making just three appearances before being loaned out to Fiorentina during the January transfer window, notching up an impressive tally of seven goals for La Viola in the process.
There has been reported interest in the Egyptian from Italian giants Juventus as well as Bundesliga side VFL Wolfsburg, with reports of Tottenham showing an interest within the past 48 hours.