An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Salah starts as Fiorentina beat Cesena 3-1
Mohamed Salah played 63 minutes before coming off in Fiorentina’s 3-1 home win against relegation threatened side Cesena.
The Violas had the task of claiming all three points at home in game-week 34 of Serie A against 19th place Cesena who, before the beginning of the game, were winless in their last 8 league games.
The Florence-based side dominated the possession of the ball and had the upper hand throughout the game.
In the 17th minute, a well-positioned Salah in the box met a corner with a precise volley, only to see defender Alejandro Rodriguez block the shot, sending the ball back to Salah, but his second attempt only found its way into the stands.
At the 31st minute the home side were awarded a penalty. Josip Iličić stepped up and the Slovenian made no mistake, putting his team 1-0 up.
Four minutes later, Iličić launched a powerful shot from outside the box sending the ball past Federico Agliardi to make it 2-0 to Mohamed Salah’s side.
The Egyptian ended the first half with an impressive amount of well placed passes and trademark runs on both flanks as well as couple of missed chances.
10 minutes into the second half, Salah received the ball deep into his team’s half before making an impressive run in which he got rid of the two Cesena defenders marking him with a clever dribble before sending Jasmin Kurtić into free space on the right side of the field for the Slovenian to launch a cross into the box which was met by Gilardino who tapped the ball past the Cesena goalkeeper to triple his side’s lead.
Three minutes later the visitors pulled one back through Alejandro Rodriguez.
In the 63rd minutes Salah was subbed off in favour of Diamanti, leaving the pitch after a good display.
The game ended 3-1 signalling the end of a four games slump for the Gigliati’s who collect the much needed three points in order to keep a firm grip on their Europa League qualification hopes.
Fiorentina`s next game will be in the Europa League. Mohamed Salah and his teammates are set to travel to Spain in order to play the first leg of the semifinal against reigning Europa League champions Sevilla on Thursday.