Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Tottenham monitoring Salah’s Chelsea situation
Tottenham have reportedly entered the battle with Juventus, Wolfsburg and Fiorentina to sign Chelsea-owned winger Mohamed Salah. The Egyptian winger has been in superb form during his loan spell at Florence, becoming an integral part of his new side following his loan switch in the January transfer window.
Mauricio Pochettino needs to add more pace to his attacking options. Pochettino believes he can compete against top four spots next season by bolstering his attacking area with a pacey attacker like Salah “ESPN Sources stated”.
Tottenham will face obstacles to sign Salah who is owned by Spurs’ cross town rivals Chelsea. Fiorentina are also keen to make his loan a permanent deal with interest from Juventus and Wolfsburg being reported on the back of Salah’s scintilatting performances in Seria A, the Coppa Italia and the UEFA Europa League
Salah has found it hard to nail down a starting position at Chelsea where he had spent just over a year, scoring 3 goals for the Blues in the process. The loan switch in January has seen his performances dramatically lift, scoring 4 Serie A goals in 11 appearances as well as strikes against Juventus and Tottenham in the Coppa Italia and Europa League respectively. It is looking likely that Salah may be offloaded at the end of the season, partly due to the signing of Juan Cuadrado, which adds more competition for a starting berth in London for the young Egyptian.
Spurs’ boss is looking to offload Argentinian winger Eric Lamela. Pochettino should do his best to win the battle and sign Salah from Chelsea as a replacement for Lamela, although the rivalry between the two clubs may cause somewhat of a hinderance in any prospective deal.