KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
El-Badry rejects Al Ahly offer
Olympic National team coach, Hossam El-Badry released an official statement rejecting Al Ahly’s offer and will fullfil his contract with the Egyptian Football Association.
Hossam El-Badry has spoken to journalists and stated clearly that he has no intention to leave his current position as the U-23 National team coach for Al Ahly’s offer using his release clause.
“I would have loved to help Al Ahly in their struggle, but I am currently in a national duty and have no intentions of letting go without consent of the EFA,” El-Badry told reporters.
El-Badry also stated that this also proves that he did not run away from his duties earlier due to financial issues, even though the contract Al Ahly are offering him stands as a double to what he is earning at the moment.
The EFA have earlier reported that El-Badry’s monthly wage currently stands at 120,000 LE after tax.
They have also has responded firmly by rejecting Al Ahly’s offer and have made it clear that if El-Badry would like to leave his position, he will have to sign a life long acknowledgment stating that he will not be allowed to take part in any national team duties.