The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sack Juan Carlos Garrido
Later last month, KingFut exclusively revealed that the Spanish manager is on the verge of getting the sack. This came after the club’s slim and nervy win against Damanhour in the league.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly will have to pay Garrido’s penalty clause, which is worth 14 months of his monthly salary. This is approximately 465,000$/3.5 million Egyptian Pounds, however, Al Ahly board is currently negotiating with Garrido to reduce this penalty clause to 3 months only.
Although Garrido had managed to clinch Al Ahly the Egypt Super Cup and CAF Confederations Cup late last year after just a few months at helm, the team’s performance wasn’t convincing to the Red Devils supporters.
The Spaniard later came under wide criticism for the club’s poor performance and results in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Champions League this season.
Under the leadership of Garrido, the Egyptian league titleholders for eight consecutive times are currently sitting third in the league, eleven points behind rivals and league leaders Zamalek; four points off second place.
Morever, Al Ahly, who have won a record six CAF Super Cup titles, have failed to clinch the Cup’s title this season after they lost against Algeria’s ES Steif.