AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sack Juan Carlos Garrido
Later last month, KingFut exclusively revealed that the Spanish manager is on the verge of getting the sack. This came after the club’s slim and nervy win against Damanhour in the league.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly will have to pay Garrido’s penalty clause, which is worth 14 months of his monthly salary. This is approximately 465,000$/3.5 million Egyptian Pounds, however, Al Ahly board is currently negotiating with Garrido to reduce this penalty clause to 3 months only.
Although Garrido had managed to clinch Al Ahly the Egypt Super Cup and CAF Confederations Cup late last year after just a few months at helm, the team’s performance wasn’t convincing to the Red Devils supporters.
Under the leadership of Garrido, the Egyptian league titleholders for eight consecutive times are currently sitting third in the league, eleven points behind rivals and league leaders Zamalek; four points off second place.
Morever, Al Ahly, who have won a record six CAF Super Cup titles, have failed to clinch the Cup’s title this season after they lost against Algeria’s ES Steif.