Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sack Juan Carlos Garrido
Al Ahly have officially announced sacking their coach Juan Carlos Garrido in the wake of the team’s early exit from the CAF Champions League.
Later last month, KingFut exclusively revealed that the Spanish manager is on the verge of getting the sack. This came after the club’s slim and nervy win against Damanhour in the league.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly will have to pay Garrido’s penalty clause, which is worth 14 months of his monthly salary. This is approximately 465,000$/3.5 million Egyptian Pounds, however, Al Ahly board is currently negotiating with Garrido to reduce this penalty clause to 3 months only.
Although Garrido had managed to clinch Al Ahly the Egypt Super Cup and CAF Confederations Cup late last year after just a few months at helm, the team’s performance wasn’t convincing to the Red Devils supporters.
The Spaniard later came under wide criticism for the club’s poor performance and results in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Champions League this season.
Under the leadership of Garrido, the Egyptian league titleholders for eight consecutive times are currently sitting third in the league, eleven points behind rivals and league leaders Zamalek; four points off second place.
Morever, Al Ahly, who have won a record six CAF Super Cup titles, have failed to clinch the Cup’s title this season after they lost against Algeria’s ES Steif.