Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sack Juan Carlos Garrido
Al Ahly have officially announced sacking their coach Juan Carlos Garrido in the wake of the team’s early exit from the CAF Champions League.
Later last month, KingFut exclusively revealed that the Spanish manager is on the verge of getting the sack. This came after the club’s slim and nervy win against Damanhour in the league.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly will have to pay Garrido’s penalty clause, which is worth 14 months of his monthly salary. This is approximately 465,000$/3.5 million Egyptian Pounds, however, Al Ahly board is currently negotiating with Garrido to reduce this penalty clause to 3 months only.
Although Garrido had managed to clinch Al Ahly the Egypt Super Cup and CAF Confederations Cup late last year after just a few months at helm, the team’s performance wasn’t convincing to the Red Devils supporters.
The Spaniard later came under wide criticism for the club’s poor performance and results in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Champions League this season.
Under the leadership of Garrido, the Egyptian league titleholders for eight consecutive times are currently sitting third in the league, eleven points behind rivals and league leaders Zamalek; four points off second place.
Morever, Al Ahly, who have won a record six CAF Super Cup titles, have failed to clinch the Cup’s title this season after they lost against Algeria’s ES Steif.