Al Ahly and Egypt’s U-20 national team forward Karim Nedved revealed that he...
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
OFFICIAL: Fathi Mabrouk announced as Garrido’s successor
Mabrouk has been appointed as the club’s new interim manager after the Spanish coach, Juan Carlos Garrido, was sacked earlier after the team’s poor results in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Champions League this season.
The former Al Ahly player takes over after Hossam El-Badry rejected an offer for the post from the club earlier.
Mabrouk is appointed as the manager for the fifth time, the last being in a margin of one year leading Al Ahly to win the Egyptian Premier League latest edition before stepping down for Juan Carlos Garrido.
It is worth mentioning that Al Ahly currently sit third in the Egyptian Premier League with 46 points from 24 matches with a difference of 11 points from Zamalek, the current league leaders. The Red Devils are set to face Al-Nasr in the Egyptian League gameweek 28 on Wednesday.