Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
OFFICIAL: Fathi Mabrouk announced as Garrido’s successor
Fathi Mabrouk has been appointed as Al Ahly new manager, the club’s board confirmed on Monday evening.
Mabrouk has been appointed as the club’s new interim manager after the Spanish coach, Juan Carlos Garrido, was sacked earlier after the team’s poor results in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Champions League this season.
The former Al Ahly player takes over after Hossam El-Badry rejected an offer for the post from the club earlier.
Mabrouk is appointed as the manager for the fifth time, the last being in a margin of one year leading Al Ahly to win the Egyptian Premier League latest edition before stepping down for Juan Carlos Garrido.
It is worth mentioning that Al Ahly currently sit third in the Egyptian Premier League with 46 points from 24 matches with a difference of 11 points from Zamalek, the current league leaders. The Red Devils are set to face Al-Nasr in the Egyptian League gameweek 28 on Wednesday.