Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
OFFICIAL: Fathi Mabrouk announced as Garrido’s successor
Fathi Mabrouk has been appointed as Al Ahly new manager, the club’s board confirmed on Monday evening.
Mabrouk has been appointed as the club’s new interim manager after the Spanish coach, Juan Carlos Garrido, was sacked earlier after the team’s poor results in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Champions League this season.
The former Al Ahly player takes over after Hossam El-Badry rejected an offer for the post from the club earlier.
Mabrouk is appointed as the manager for the fifth time, the last being in a margin of one year leading Al Ahly to win the Egyptian Premier League latest edition before stepping down for Juan Carlos Garrido.
It is worth mentioning that Al Ahly currently sit third in the Egyptian Premier League with 46 points from 24 matches with a difference of 11 points from Zamalek, the current league leaders. The Red Devils are set to face Al-Nasr in the Egyptian League gameweek 28 on Wednesday.