Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
OFFICIAL: Fathi Mabrouk announced as Garrido’s successor
Fathi Mabrouk has been appointed as Al Ahly new manager, the club’s board confirmed on Monday evening.
Mabrouk has been appointed as the club’s new interim manager after the Spanish coach, Juan Carlos Garrido, was sacked earlier after the team’s poor results in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Champions League this season.
The former Al Ahly player takes over after Hossam El-Badry rejected an offer for the post from the club earlier.
Mabrouk is appointed as the manager for the fifth time, the last being in a margin of one year leading Al Ahly to win the Egyptian Premier League latest edition before stepping down for Juan Carlos Garrido.
It is worth mentioning that Al Ahly currently sit third in the Egyptian Premier League with 46 points from 24 matches with a difference of 11 points from Zamalek, the current league leaders. The Red Devils are set to face Al-Nasr in the Egyptian League gameweek 28 on Wednesday.