Pitso is careful against overloading his players with too much information and...
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
Elmohamady assists as Arsenal defeat Hull City
Ahmed El Mohamady played 90 minutes and assisted as Hull city lost 3-1 to Arsenal.
It was arsenal who had the better start to the game with them predictably having the better of the possession and they nearly capitalised on that 12 minutes in when Alexis Sanchez’s shot stung the hands of Steve Harper. The hosts soon grew into the game when Liam brady broke down the left and put in an exquisite ball in but Aluko could not direct it on target 3 yards out.
However Arsenal soon took a deserved lead as the ever dangerous Sanchez had his freekick deflected and the ball sailed in to put the high flying Londoners in front. One soon became two as Ramsey was slipped in by Cazorla and his shot was yet again deflected by Brady and Arsenal had a two goal cushion.
Hull had a chance to get back in the game before half time, but huddlestones quick freekick was ruled offside. It was Arsenal who extended the lead and put the game to bed, Alexis Sanches rounded the keeper and slotted in the empty goal.
Arsenal were starting to outclass Elmohamady’s Hull and it was nearly 4 when Bellerin’s cut back found Ramsey, he missed by inches.
Hull City did get one back, Ahmed Elmohamady crossed brilliantly, he found Quinn who placed his header nicely in the bottom corner. This was Elmohamadys 5th assist of the season, more than any other Hull player.
This was Ahmed Elmohamady's 5th assist of the season, more than any Hull City player. pic.twitter.com/mgCvSMrgaC
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) May 4, 2015
The Hull team and crowd started to believe, and they nearly got a second when Elmohamady crossed yet another inviting ball but Mcshane could only head high and wide. Arsenal went on to comfortably hold off Hull as the game ended 3-1.