KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Ferreira: Zamalek’s goalkeeping trio can play in Europe
Zamalek manager Jesualdo Ferreira said that his team have three goalkeepers who are good enough to play in the European leagues thanks to the club’s goalkeeping coach Ayman Taher.
Zamalek arrived back in Cairo after defeating Morocco’s FUS 3-2 on aggregate and qualifying for the next round of the CAF Confederation Cup.
“Ayman Taher is an excellent goalkeeping coach,” the Portuguese coach said.
Ferreira believes any of the trio would do Zamalek proud.
“Whoever plays as a goalkeeper will perform brilliantly as we have three goalkeepers who can play in Europe,” Ferreira added.
Zamalek’s three goalkeepers are Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Genesh and Mohamed Abou-Gabal, however, El-Shennawy has managed to reserve a regular spot in the team’s squad.