Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Hopes of Cairo derby in Confederation Cup qualifiers eliminated
The eight teams that were eliminated from the CAF Champions League round of 16 are set to join the Confederation Cup where they will face the eight teams that qualified for the Confederation Cup second round of 16.
Zamalek have qualified for the next round of the Confederation Cup after their win over Morocco’s FUS 3-2 on aggregate on Sunday night.
The 16 clubs have been divided into four pots based on their rankings.
Pot A contains the top-ranked teams that were eliminated from the CAF Champions League. They will face teams from pot B, which contains lowest ranking teams that qualified from 1/8th round of the Confederation Cup qualifiers.
Pot C contains top-ranked teams that qualified from 1/8th round of Confederation Cup qualifiers. They will face teams from pot D, which contains the lowest ranking teams eliminated from CAF Champions League.
First seed: Al-Ahly, CS Sfaxien (Tunisia), Esperance (Tunisia) and AC Leopards (Congo).
Second seed: AS Kaloum (Guinea), Sanga Balende (DR Congo), Stade Malien (Mali) and Raja Club Athletic (Morocco).
Third seed: Zamalek, Orlando Pirates (South Africa), AS Vita (DR Congo) and Etoile Sportive du Sahel (Tunisia).
Fourth seed: Club Africain (Tunisia), Hearts of Oak (Ghana), Warri Wolves (Nigeria) and ASEC (Cote d’Ivoire).
According to the above-mentioned system, Al Ahly will face any opponent from the fourth seed and Zamalek will face any opponent from the second seed.
The draw is set to be held in Cairo on Tuesday morning.