The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Hopes of Cairo derby in Confederation Cup qualifiers eliminated
The eight teams that were eliminated from the CAF Champions League round of 16 are set to join the Confederation Cup where they will face the eight teams that qualified for the Confederation Cup second round of 16.
Zamalek have qualified for the next round of the Confederation Cup after their win over Morocco’s FUS 3-2 on aggregate on Sunday night.
The 16 clubs have been divided into four pots based on their rankings.
Pot A contains the top-ranked teams that were eliminated from the CAF Champions League. They will face teams from pot B, which contains lowest ranking teams that qualified from 1/8th round of the Confederation Cup qualifiers.
Pot C contains top-ranked teams that qualified from 1/8th round of Confederation Cup qualifiers. They will face teams from pot D, which contains the lowest ranking teams eliminated from CAF Champions League.
First seed: Al-Ahly, CS Sfaxien (Tunisia), Esperance (Tunisia) and AC Leopards (Congo).
Second seed: AS Kaloum (Guinea), Sanga Balende (DR Congo), Stade Malien (Mali) and Raja Club Athletic (Morocco).
Third seed: Zamalek, Orlando Pirates (South Africa), AS Vita (DR Congo) and Etoile Sportive du Sahel (Tunisia).
Fourth seed: Club Africain (Tunisia), Hearts of Oak (Ghana), Warri Wolves (Nigeria) and ASEC (Cote d’Ivoire).
According to the above-mentioned system, Al Ahly will face any opponent from the fourth seed and Zamalek will face any opponent from the second seed.
The draw is set to be held in Cairo on Tuesday morning.