Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Adam El-Abd’s Bury, Bristol City promoted
The Egypt international has played a key role in Bury FC’s road to promotion this season having started a majority of his team’s games in the Football League Two. El-Abd has contributed to his team’s 13th win out of the last 16 games in Bury’s 1-0 win over Tranmere Rovers this past Saturday. With that win, Bury FC guaranteed automatic promotion to Football League One. Bury FC came in 3rd place with 85 points.
On the other hand, in the southern part of England, Bristol City have also been promoted to the Football League Championship. Bristol City showed dominance in their last game of the season in an 8-2 home win over Walsall to top the Football League One with 99 points, eight points clear of second place Milton Keynes Dons.
It is not yet clear whether Adam El-Abd will move to Bury FC on a permanent deal or return to Bristol City.