KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Adam El-Abd’s Bury, Bristol City promoted
The Egypt international has played a key role in Bury FC’s road to promotion this season having started a majority of his team’s games in the Football League Two. El-Abd has contributed to his team’s 13th win out of the last 16 games in Bury’s 1-0 win over Tranmere Rovers this past Saturday. With that win, Bury FC guaranteed automatic promotion to Football League One. Bury FC came in 3rd place with 85 points.
On the other hand, in the southern part of England, Bristol City have also been promoted to the Football League Championship. Bristol City showed dominance in their last game of the season in an 8-2 home win over Walsall to top the Football League One with 99 points, eight points clear of second place Milton Keynes Dons.
It is not yet clear whether Adam El-Abd will move to Bury FC on a permanent deal or return to Bristol City.