Mohamed Elneny took park in the “Impossible Behind The Goal Shot” challenge...
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
EXCLUSIVE: Egyptian youngster receives offers from Spain, Sweden
Egyptian youngster Mahmoud ‘Kouta’ Essam has received offers from Spanish and Swedish clubs, KingFut can exclusively reveal.
As revealed by KingFut.com last January, Kouta was on trial at Spain’s Segunda División club Real Valladolid but did not sign for the club as he had to come back to Egypt for several reasons.
“I had a trial with Real Valladolid for one month and a half but at the time I was there the transfer window was closed,” Kouta told KingFut.com.
The Al-Shams SC player also revealed that he had several offers from other Spanish clubs while in Spain.
“Before I came back to Egypt I had an offer from Club Deportivo Atlético Tordesillas. They wanted to sign me and I had a one month trial with them.
“Unfortunately the club thought I had a Spanish residency visa and they were surprised when I told them that I had to go back to Egypt,” Kouta continued.
“They asked when I was going back to Spain and I told them that I did not know.
“I had to come back firstly because my visa was about to expire and secondly I had to finish my semester [at university]. God willing I’ll travel back there [Spain] in July,” Kouta commented.
Mahmoud revealed that he had an offer from Segunda Division club Real Zaragoza.
“I woke up one day to screaming and door knocks, I couldn’t understand what was being said but later found out that Valladolid officials were upset about an offer they received from Real Zaragoza.
“Zaragoza sent Valladolid an offer for me to have a training session with them and then sign a contract while I was already having a trial at Valladolid but the club refused,” Kouta expressed.
Essam, 20, also confirmed that he has an offer from Swedish club Assyriska Fotbollsföreningen.
“A club in Sweden called Assyriska have sent me an invitation from the 13th to the 20th of May to train with them. I’m going to go there and we will see what will happen,” Kouta concluded.
Watch highlights of Kouta in action: