Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Mortada Mansour: Al Ahly are a strong team
Zamalek president Mortada Mansour praised his opponent Al Ahly despite their poor results in the Egyptian Premier League and their recent elimination from the CAF Champions League.
Mansour admitted that Al Ahly are a very strong team that have several key players to the Egyptian National team.
“They have superstars as Sherif Ekramy, Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ashour, Walid Soliman,’Trezeguet’ and Emad Meteb in addition to Hussein El-Sayed and Bassem Ali,” Mansour added.
Zamalek president believes that Al Ahly failed to qualify to the next round of the CAF Champions League due to the pressure that was put on the players by their fans in their training session prior to Moghreb Tetouan game.
“How can the team perform well after the players were threatened by the fans?” Mansour said.
“I am very happy for him as he is professional and we were friends during the school days,” Mansour added.