Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Mortada Mansour: Al Ahly are a strong team
Zamalek president Mortada Mansour praised his opponent Al Ahly despite their poor results in the Egyptian Premier League and their recent elimination from the CAF Champions League.
Mansour admitted that Al Ahly are a very strong team that have several key players to the Egyptian National team.
“They have superstars as Sherif Ekramy, Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ashour, Walid Soliman,’Trezeguet’ and Emad Meteb in addition to Hussein El-Sayed and Bassem Ali,” Mansour added.
Zamalek president believes that Al Ahly failed to qualify to the next round of the CAF Champions League due to the pressure that was put on the players by their fans in their training session prior to Moghreb Tetouan game.
“How can the team perform well after the players were threatened by the fans?” Mansour said.
“I am very happy for him as he is professional and we were friends during the school days,” Mansour added.