KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Smouha: Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek off limits
Smouha Chairman Mohamed Farag Amer has assured that Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek will stay with the Alexandrian club till his contract runs out by the end of next season denying that the player signed a contract with another club, namely Zamalek.
These comments come in reply to the report from presenter Ahmed Shobeir who said that Abdel-Khalek has signed for Zamalek in the past few days as he met with one of the board members.
“If the player signs for another club, this subjects him to penalties according to the regulations. I also decided to prohibit some of the players’ agents form entering the club” Amer said to Filgoal.
The club’s chairman said that the team have two main goals, which is to enhance their position in the Egyptian Premier League and to continue being Egypt’s only representative in the CAF Champions League.
“ّIbrahim is one of the main players in the team and we’ll need his services next season. There is no way that we would think about selling him to another team,” Amer confirmed.
Smouha sits 16th in the league with 16 points slipping into the relegation zone. The team also managed to qualify for the group stages in the CAF Champions League this season for the first time in their history.