Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Smouha: Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek off limits
Smouha Chairman Mohamed Farag Amer has assured that Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek will stay with the Alexandrian club till his contract runs out by the end of next season denying that the player signed a contract with another club, namely Zamalek.
These comments come in reply to the report from presenter Ahmed Shobeir who said that Abdel-Khalek has signed for Zamalek in the past few days as he met with one of the board members.
“If the player signs for another club, this subjects him to penalties according to the regulations. I also decided to prohibit some of the players’ agents form entering the club” Amer said to Filgoal.
The club’s chairman said that the team have two main goals, which is to enhance their position in the Egyptian Premier League and to continue being Egypt’s only representative in the CAF Champions League.
“ّIbrahim is one of the main players in the team and we’ll need his services next season. There is no way that we would think about selling him to another team,” Amer confirmed.
Smouha sits 16th in the league with 16 points slipping into the relegation zone. The team also managed to qualify for the group stages in the CAF Champions League this season for the first time in their history.