Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Hossam Hassan: Managing Al Ahly is an Honour
Ittihad of Alexandria’s head coach Hossam Hassan says that he is ready to manage his former club, Al Ahly, if he is asked to do so. Following the sacking of Juan Carlos Garrido, Hossam Hassan revealed that he’s ready to return to his former club whenever he’s asked to.
“I stayed Al Ahly in 1992 to support them with the financial crisis, refusing to join any Spanish or Italian side because of Saleh Selim and Al Ahly fans,” he told Sada El Balad TV.
He stated that the reason behind his love to the Red Devils is that he played for them when he was thirteen.
“The same thing happened with Zamalek when I left the Jordanian national team to come back to Zamalek. Some people labelled this action as a failure, but it was done out of love for Zamalek,” he added.
Hossam Hassan ended his words asking the Egyptian fans to forget whatever happened from the twins, Hossam and Ibrahim, asking everyone to forget their past when determining their future.