Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Juan Carlos Garrido sends message to Al Ahly fans
The Spanish coach started his letter by sending a message of appreciation to the club, the fans, and his former players.
“It has been a source of pride to coach the club with the most international titles in the whole world,” he said.
“One can only understand the greatness of Al Ahly by living it from within, working on a daily basis at such a unique club, and feeling the backing of its more than 60 million fans,” added Garrido.
The Spanish tactician then mentioned that he and his family felt very comfortable living in Egypt, and that he encourages everyone to visit the country.
“Those two titles were my small token of appreciation to the fans for the affection they have shown me all this time,” he added
He concluded his heartwarming message by: “Our paths separate, but Al Ahly and their fans will always be in my heart. I feel very proud to be a part of the history of this club.”