The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
Taher, Mabrouk optimistic about Al Ahly future
Al Ahly president Mahmoud Taher congratulated the team’s new manager Fathi Mabrouk who took over after Juan Carlos Garrido’s sacking.
Mabrouk was announced as the team’s new manager on Monday after the team’s poor results in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Champions League under the leadership of Garrido.
“I congratulate Mabrouk for his appointment as Al Ahly manager, he’s one of the club’s loyal men,” Taher said.
He asserted that Mabrouk isn’t considered an interim-manager for the team.
“I am against the term interim manager, if he achieved good results, he will continue to lead the team,” Taher explained.
Al Ahly president emphasized that the club’s board is aiming towards building a new team.
“We aren’t looking for winning a championship and getting away with it, we want to build a new generation who can win many championships to come for Al Ahly,” Taher said.
He declared that he would have preferred for Garrido to continue in his position.
“I would have favored for Garrido’s continuation as the team’s manager, but the psychological and technical drop forced us to sack him,” Taher explained.
The Red Devils president said that the Olympic National team coach Hossam El-Badry was among 4 other candidates who were named to fill Garrido’s position.
“We followed the legal route and contacted the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) for his services but they refused,” Taher said.
Mabrouk said that despite the team’s poor results in the previous games, Al Ahly players are capable of overcoming the obstacles.
“Al Ahly have professional players who can overcome any bad period and they have managed to show that in the game’s first half,” Mabrouk said in the post-match press conference.
Al Ahly players have scored three goals in the game’s first half and wasted several other opportunities to score. Mabrouk said that the reason behind the team’s performance is that he tried to give them a psychological push.
“One of the reasons behind the team’s good performance against Al-Nasr is that I dealt with the players psychologically, they have great potential, which they showed in the game,” Mabrouk explained.
Mabrouk concluded his statement saying that it was a good game from both teams.
“We managed to take advantage of the opportunities we had and succeeded in winning against a good team with an excellent coach,” Mabrouk said.