Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Abou-Treika: I won’t leave Egypt
Al Ahly legend Mohamed Abou-Treika confirmed that he wouldn’t leave Egypt in response to any sort of criticism or threats he received.
Abou-Treika‘s tweet came following news reports about a decision from the Egyptian authorities to confiscate some of the financial assets of the retired star.
نحن من نأتي بالاموال لتبقي فى أيدينا وليست فى قلوبنا تتحفظ علي الأموال او تتحفظ علي من تتحفظ عليه لن أترك البلد وسأعمل فيها وعلي رقيها .
— AbouTrika Official (@trikaofficial) May 7, 2015
“We earn money to keep it in our hands, not in our hearts. You can confiscate the money or whatever you want but I won’t leave the country and I will continue to work towards its advancement,” Abou-Treika said.
The reports claimed that a tourism company owned by the superstar would be seized over its links to the Muslim Brotherhood.
Right after Abou-Treika’s tweet, the hashtag #ISupportAbouTreika was created by the player fans, and Twitter erupted with tweets in support of the former Al Ahly player.