Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Abou-Treika: I won’t leave Egypt
Abou-Treika‘s tweet came following news reports about a decision from the Egyptian authorities to confiscate some of the financial assets of the retired star.
نحن من نأتي بالاموال لتبقي فى أيدينا وليست فى قلوبنا تتحفظ علي الأموال او تتحفظ علي من تتحفظ عليه لن أترك البلد وسأعمل فيها وعلي رقيها .
— AbouTrika Official (@trikaofficial) May 7, 2015
“We earn money to keep it in our hands, not in our hearts. You can confiscate the money or whatever you want but I won’t leave the country and I will continue to work towards its advancement,” Abou-Treika said.
The reports claimed that a tourism company owned by the superstar would be seized over its links to the Muslim Brotherhood.
Right after Abou-Treika’s tweet, the hashtag #ISupportAbouTreika was created by the player fans, and Twitter erupted with tweets in support of the former Al Ahly player.