Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Abou-Treika: I won’t leave Egypt
Abou-Treika‘s tweet came following news reports about a decision from the Egyptian authorities to confiscate some of the financial assets of the retired star.
نحن من نأتي بالاموال لتبقي فى أيدينا وليست فى قلوبنا تتحفظ علي الأموال او تتحفظ علي من تتحفظ عليه لن أترك البلد وسأعمل فيها وعلي رقيها .
— AbouTrika Official (@trikaofficial) May 7, 2015
“We earn money to keep it in our hands, not in our hearts. You can confiscate the money or whatever you want but I won’t leave the country and I will continue to work towards its advancement,” Abou-Treika said.
The reports claimed that a tourism company owned by the superstar would be seized over its links to the Muslim Brotherhood.
Right after Abou-Treika’s tweet, the hashtag #ISupportAbouTreika was created by the player fans, and Twitter erupted with tweets in support of the former Al Ahly player.