Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Viola president Della Valle: Referee made bad calls
Italian businessman and Fiorentina‘s president Andrea Della Valle has expressed his disapproval toward Felix Brych, who was the referee in charge of the first leg of the Europa League semi final between Sevilla FC and ACF Fiorentina, which ended in a 3-0 thrashing of the Florence-based club.
Della Valle claimed that Brych made numerous mistakes that could’ve altered the outcome of the game. Della Valle also emphasized Benoît Trémoulinas’ pull on Mohamed Salah‘s arm inside the box, impeding the Egyptian forward from connecting to a cross. The Italian businessman believed that Salah should’ve won Fiorentina a penalty in that first-half incident.
“I will assume the referee didn’t see the pull on Mohamed Salah, or the incident that saw Joaquín get pushed to the ground inside the penalty box,” said Della Valle.
Della Valle later explained: “I will not blame the referee, but I vouch for the fact that Salah’s incident is penalty. Call Salah and ask him what happened.”
It is worth noting that the return leg of the semifinal between Sevilla and Fiorentina will be held in the Stadio Artemio Franchi in Florence next Thursday.