Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Viola president Della Valle: Referee made bad calls
Italian businessman and Fiorentina‘s president Andrea Della Valle has expressed his disapproval toward Felix Brych, who was the referee in charge of the first leg of the Europa League semi final between Sevilla FC and ACF Fiorentina, which ended in a 3-0 thrashing of the Florence-based club.
Della Valle claimed that Brych made numerous mistakes that could’ve altered the outcome of the game. Della Valle also emphasized Benoît Trémoulinas’ pull on Mohamed Salah‘s arm inside the box, impeding the Egyptian forward from connecting to a cross. The Italian businessman believed that Salah should’ve won Fiorentina a penalty in that first-half incident.
“I will assume the referee didn’t see the pull on Mohamed Salah, or the incident that saw Joaquín get pushed to the ground inside the penalty box,” said Della Valle.
Della Valle later explained: “I will not blame the referee, but I vouch for the fact that Salah’s incident is penalty. Call Salah and ask him what happened.”
It is worth noting that the return leg of the semifinal between Sevilla and Fiorentina will be held in the Stadio Artemio Franchi in Florence next Thursday.