Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Viola president Della Valle: Referee made bad calls
Italian businessman and Fiorentina‘s president Andrea Della Valle has expressed his disapproval toward Felix Brych, who was the referee in charge of the first leg of the Europa League semi final between Sevilla FC and ACF Fiorentina, which ended in a 3-0 thrashing of the Florence-based club.
Della Valle claimed that Brych made numerous mistakes that could’ve altered the outcome of the game. Della Valle also emphasized Benoît Trémoulinas’ pull on Mohamed Salah‘s arm inside the box, impeding the Egyptian forward from connecting to a cross. The Italian businessman believed that Salah should’ve won Fiorentina a penalty in that first-half incident.
“I will assume the referee didn’t see the pull on Mohamed Salah, or the incident that saw Joaquín get pushed to the ground inside the penalty box,” said Della Valle.
Della Valle later explained: “I will not blame the referee, but I vouch for the fact that Salah’s incident is penalty. Call Salah and ask him what happened.”
It is worth noting that the return leg of the semifinal between Sevilla and Fiorentina will be held in the Stadio Artemio Franchi in Florence next Thursday.