Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Viola president Della Valle: Referee made bad calls
Italian businessman and Fiorentina‘s president Andrea Della Valle has expressed his disapproval toward Felix Brych, who was the referee in charge of the first leg of the Europa League semi final between Sevilla FC and ACF Fiorentina, which ended in a 3-0 thrashing of the Florence-based club.
Della Valle claimed that Brych made numerous mistakes that could’ve altered the outcome of the game. Della Valle also emphasized Benoît Trémoulinas’ pull on Mohamed Salah‘s arm inside the box, impeding the Egyptian forward from connecting to a cross. The Italian businessman believed that Salah should’ve won Fiorentina a penalty in that first-half incident.
“I will assume the referee didn’t see the pull on Mohamed Salah, or the incident that saw Joaquín get pushed to the ground inside the penalty box,” said Della Valle.
Della Valle later explained: “I will not blame the referee, but I vouch for the fact that Salah’s incident is penalty. Call Salah and ask him what happened.”
It is worth noting that the return leg of the semifinal between Sevilla and Fiorentina will be held in the Stadio Artemio Franchi in Florence next Thursday.