Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Viola president Della Valle: Referee made bad calls
Italian businessman and Fiorentina‘s president Andrea Della Valle has expressed his disapproval toward Felix Brych, who was the referee in charge of the first leg of the Europa League semi final between Sevilla FC and ACF Fiorentina, which ended in a 3-0 thrashing of the Florence-based club.
Della Valle claimed that Brych made numerous mistakes that could’ve altered the outcome of the game. Della Valle also emphasized Benoît Trémoulinas’ pull on Mohamed Salah‘s arm inside the box, impeding the Egyptian forward from connecting to a cross. The Italian businessman believed that Salah should’ve won Fiorentina a penalty in that first-half incident.
“I will assume the referee didn’t see the pull on Mohamed Salah, or the incident that saw Joaquín get pushed to the ground inside the penalty box,” said Della Valle.
Della Valle later explained: “I will not blame the referee, but I vouch for the fact that Salah’s incident is penalty. Call Salah and ask him what happened.”
It is worth noting that the return leg of the semifinal between Sevilla and Fiorentina will be held in the Stadio Artemio Franchi in Florence next Thursday.