Egypt’s Minister of Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on Sunday the...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Fathi Mabrouk: Hendrik Helmke is ready to replace Ashour
The 27-year-old player joined Al Ahly in January, however, he has yet to make an official appearance with the Reds as he was being treated for a knee injury which he picked up while playing for his former team, Iranian outfits Esteghlal FC.
Fathi Mabrouk, who has recently been re-appointed as manager by Al Ahly’s board, has expressed his admiration of Helmke’s physical and tactical traits; adding that he will be one of the midfield pillars in the upcoming period.
Al Ahly’s next league match against Tala’a El-Gaish may witness Helmke’s official debut as Hossam Ashour has been suspended for receiving a third yellow card in their latest match against Al-Nasr.
“We have many players who can replace Hossam Ashour in the midfield like Mohamed Rizk and Hendrik Helmke,” said Mabrouk.
“Helmke has completely recovered from his injury and is match fit. He may have a chance to participate in Al Ahly’s next game,” he concluded.
Moreover, Helmke denied what came in the latest reports which claimed that he refuses to play and that he wont be able to play again due to his injury.
The midfielder posted a picture of himself wearing Al Ahly’s jersey on Instagram, telling all those who have spread the rumours to ‘get their facts straight’.
For all the "eggs"-perts that spread rumours about me on tv, newspapers or send me insulting messages saying that I'm injured since many months, refuse to play and even that I won't be able to play again – I've never had any big injury, neither am I injured at all right now!! Get your facts straight before talking or just shut up! And thanks to everybody else for the support! #Soon…