Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Egyptian side Cairo beat Corinthians 1-0 to win the 2015 Tokyo U-14 International Youth Football Tournament
Egyptian team Cairo have won the Tokyo U-14 International Youth Football Tournament in its 2015 edition beating Brazilian side Corinthians 1-0 in the process.
The tournament is organised by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Tokyo Sport Benefits Corporation and the Tokyo Football Association.
This is the seventh edition of the tournament having started back in 2008, the only one that Cairo missed. The Egyptians previously picked up bronze in 2010.
The Cairo team represents best players in Egypt in this particular age group. The finest players are picked from six of the best clubs in Cairo.
Also every and each player in this team is willing to do their best so they can join the Egyptian National team in the future. The youngsters consider the Tokyo International Youth Football Tournament just like a trial for the World Cup.
Cairo beat Bayi School 0-9, F.C. Tokyo 1-0 and Ibaraki with the same result to finish top of their group. The young Pharaohs then went on to win the semifinals on penalties after drawing at full-time with Argentine club Boca Juniors.
One goal was enough for Cairo to beat Brazilian side Corinthians in the final to be crowned Tokyo U-14 International Youth Football Tournament champions for the first time ever.
Here is a list of the players: