Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Egyptian side Cairo beat Corinthians 1-0 to win the 2015 Tokyo U-14 International Youth Football Tournament
Egyptian team Cairo have won the Tokyo U-14 International Youth Football Tournament in its 2015 edition beating Brazilian side Corinthians 1-0 in the process.
The tournament is organised by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Tokyo Sport Benefits Corporation and the Tokyo Football Association.
This is the seventh edition of the tournament having started back in 2008, the only one that Cairo missed. The Egyptians previously picked up bronze in 2010.
The Cairo team represents best players in Egypt in this particular age group. The finest players are picked from six of the best clubs in Cairo.
Also every and each player in this team is willing to do their best so they can join the Egyptian National team in the future. The youngsters consider the Tokyo International Youth Football Tournament just like a trial for the World Cup.
Cairo beat Bayi School 0-9, F.C. Tokyo 1-0 and Ibaraki with the same result to finish top of their group. The young Pharaohs then went on to win the semifinals on penalties after drawing at full-time with Argentine club Boca Juniors.
One goal was enough for Cairo to beat Brazilian side Corinthians in the final to be crowned Tokyo U-14 International Youth Football Tournament champions for the first time ever.
Here is a list of the players: