Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
VIDEO: Hafez scores again as Egyptians lead Lierse SK to victory over Lommel United
Egyptian youngster Karim Hafez got his name on the score sheet as Lierse beat Lommel in the Pro League promotions play-off, but got his marching orders a few minutes before the final whistle for a second yellow card.
Karim Hafez, Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ and Ahmed Hassan were all in the starting line-up while Mohamed Helal was brought on in the 75th minute to secure a 4-2 win over Lommel United.
Hafez scored early in the 8th minute of the match after his free-kick was deflected off the wall and went to the opposite side of Lommel’s goalkeeper. This was the 19-year-old left-back’s third goal during these relegation playoffs.
In the 12th minute of the game, Kenyan midfielder, Masika, was on the receiving end of a superb pass from Moroccan player, Ahmed El Messaoudi. Masika ran down the wing with the ball only to put it in the back of the net to give his team a two-goal lead.
Kasmi added the third for Lierse with a left-footed shot from outside the box in the 26th minute of the game to give the home team a 3-0 lead by the half-time whistle.
Lommel managed to score a first in the 56th minute through Adesanya but the three-goal difference was back in three minutes after Deferm scored an own goal to give Lierse a 4-1 lead. Hafez saw his first yellow card in the 81st minute shortly before Lommel’s Adesanya scored a second for his team in the 83rd minute.
Hafez’s second yellow came after a non-sportsmanship conflict with one of Lommel’s players and was shown the red in the 88th minute of the game.
Lierse avoided direct relegation after defeating Cercle Brugge in a five-game playoff and now must finish top of this second round of playoffs with three teams from the second tier to fight for one place in next season’s top division.
Watch the full match highlights and goals and Karim’s red card here: