KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Smouha sign Al Masry’s Ahmed Daouda
Smouha have managed to sign Al Masry’s striker Ahmed Daouda on a 3-year deal in hopes of boosting the attacking options of the Alexandrian team.
Daouda will join Smouha on a free transfer in the summer as his contract with the Port Said side Al Masry will expire at the end of the Egyptian Premier League current season.
Earlier this month, Smouha have signed Ahmed Temsah and Hossam Salama “Paolo” from Dakhleya for 3 seasons on a free transfer.
In addition, the club have signed Ittihad of Alexandria midfielder Hossam Hassan and he is set to join the team next season.
Amer has previously announced that Smouha will give Toulan the authority to sign whoever he wants after the team’s qualification to the group stage of the CAF Champions League for the first time in their history.
Smouha are Egypt’s only representatives in the CAF Champions League after Al Ahly’s failure to qualify to the next stage.
Despite the team’s achievement in the African championship, the Alexandria-based club are suffering in the Egyptian Premier League as they currently sit 16 in the league table, which put them in the relegation zone.
The club’s chairman has previously said that the team have two main goals, which is to enhance their position in the Egyptian Premier League and to continue being Egypt’s only representative in the CAF Champions League.