KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Mohamed Koffi hit with 50,000 EGP fine
Ismail Yousef had previously announced a strict rule against any comments or interviews to media in an attempt to help the players focus more on their journey to win all three titles they are competing for.
Following Zamalek’s 1-0 victory over Al Masry, the Burkina Faso international was contacted by famous TV show host Ahmed Shobeir for some post match comments.
According the player, he requested permission from Director of Football Ismail Yousef, the same person who issued the fine, to proceed with the phone call, however, he later found out that he was punished.
The 28-year-old defender contacted Mortada Mansour in order to lift the punishment.
Zamalek have won their last six games in a row, keeping a clean sheet in all six, a club record that was not achieved in 32 years.