The Egyptian Minister of Youth & Sports has announced that a record-high...
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
REPORT: Ittihad Jeddah eye 38M EGP Abdel-Shafy
The Egyptian left-back joined Al Ahli Jeddah at the beginning of the current 2014-2015 season on loan, helping them win the Prince Crown Cup and top their AFC Champions League group to progress to the knockout stages.
Ittihad officials have reportedly expressed their desire in Abdel-Shafy’s services following an impressive season at their rivals, Al Ahli according to reports in Saudi Arabia.
The Cairo-based club have welcomed the transfer in the light of the strong relationship between both clubs, while Ittihad has expressed their readiness to fulfill the financial component set by Zamalek.
Zamalek’s board previously announced their intention to permanently sell Mohamed Abdel-Shafy for a fee of 60 million Egyptian Pounds ($8 million), but other sources say that Zamalek could settle for $5 million dollars, a fee estimated to be around the 38 million Egyptian Pounds mark.