Desire Oparonozie’s late goal was enough to see the Super Falcons through...
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
Sevilla end Fiorentina’s Europe journey
Fiorentina showed much hope before the match against Sevilla at home, with numerous tweets and videos produced to give fans some hope. Unfortunately, they did not live up to what most were hoping for.
The first half for Fiorentina started very brightly, with their feet on the gas pedal, they mounted pressure on their opponents. Many chances had come for Fiorentina, enough to put the Italian side up 3-0 within the first 25 minutes.
The Italian sides most shocking opportunity was in the 16th minute, when a corner kick was taken and Gonzalo Rodriquez found a header two yards within the box, but somehow the opportunity was saved by the Sevilla goalkeeper Rico.
In the 22nd minute, Bacca found the net for Sevilla after poor defending from La Viola. After finding the rebound for the free kick, it was a no-brainier for the player to score.
And as if that wasn’t enough, Sevilla ruined the smallest glimpse of hope for their opponents only 5 minutes later, after Carrico doubled their lead. Yet again, the mistake came from the Italian side’s defence.
Even though the Italian side weren’t at their best, Mohamed Salah was on top form. The Egyptian produced a magnificent piece of skill that caught the attention of everyone.
Fiorentina now bow out of the Europa league, and will now switch focus on the Serie A in order to grab as many points as possible for the remainder of the season.
It’s well worth mentioning that Fiorentina’s next match is against Parma in the Serie A on Monday, May 18th.