Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Sevilla end Fiorentina’s Europe journey
Fiorentina showed much hope before the match against Sevilla at home, with numerous tweets and videos produced to give fans some hope. Unfortunately, they did not live up to what most were hoping for.
The first half for Fiorentina started very brightly, with their feet on the gas pedal, they mounted pressure on their opponents. Many chances had come for Fiorentina, enough to put the Italian side up 3-0 within the first 25 minutes.
The Italian sides most shocking opportunity was in the 16th minute, when a corner kick was taken and Gonzalo Rodriquez found a header two yards within the box, but somehow the opportunity was saved by the Sevilla goalkeeper Rico.
In the 22nd minute, Bacca found the net for Sevilla after poor defending from La Viola. After finding the rebound for the free kick, it was a no-brainier for the player to score.
And as if that wasn’t enough, Sevilla ruined the smallest glimpse of hope for their opponents only 5 minutes later, after Carrico doubled their lead. Yet again, the mistake came from the Italian side’s defence.
Even though the Italian side weren’t at their best, Mohamed Salah was on top form. The Egyptian produced a magnificent piece of skill that caught the attention of everyone.
Fiorentina now bow out of the Europa league, and will now switch focus on the Serie A in order to grab as many points as possible for the remainder of the season.
It’s well worth mentioning that Fiorentina’s next match is against Parma in the Serie A on Monday, May 18th.