Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
EFA reject friendly match against Uruguay
The Egyptian Football Association have rejected an offer to play a friendly match against Uruguay as both sides didn’t reach an agreement regarding the financial aspects and date of the match.
It was reported that the national team received offers to play friendly matches against Uruguay, Syria and Uzbekistan.
The EFA refused the offer as the match was set to be played in September, which is the same month the national team will be playing against Chad on the 4th, 5th or 6th for the second round of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers.
The British company which is organizing the match asked the Pharaohs to decrease their requested payment for the match as they changed the date to October.
On the other side, CAF announced that World Cup Russia 2018 qualifiers will start in October.