Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
EFA reject friendly match against Uruguay
The Egyptian Football Association have rejected an offer to play a friendly match against Uruguay as both sides didn’t reach an agreement regarding the financial aspects and date of the match.
It was reported that the national team received offers to play friendly matches against Uruguay, Syria and Uzbekistan.
The EFA refused the offer as the match was set to be played in September, which is the same month the national team will be playing against Chad on the 4th, 5th or 6th for the second round of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers.
The British company which is organizing the match asked the Pharaohs to decrease their requested payment for the match as they changed the date to October.
On the other side, CAF announced that World Cup Russia 2018 qualifiers will start in October.