Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
EFA reject friendly match against Uruguay
The Egyptian Football Association have rejected an offer to play a friendly match against Uruguay as both sides didn’t reach an agreement regarding the financial aspects and date of the match.
It was reported that the national team received offers to play friendly matches against Uruguay, Syria and Uzbekistan.
The EFA refused the offer as the match was set to be played in September, which is the same month the national team will be playing against Chad on the 4th, 5th or 6th for the second round of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers.
The British company which is organizing the match asked the Pharaohs to decrease their requested payment for the match as they changed the date to October.
On the other side, CAF announced that World Cup Russia 2018 qualifiers will start in October.