Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
EFA reject friendly match against Uruguay
The Egyptian Football Association have rejected an offer to play a friendly match against Uruguay as both sides didn’t reach an agreement regarding the financial aspects and date of the match.
It was reported that the national team received offers to play friendly matches against Uruguay, Syria and Uzbekistan.
The EFA refused the offer as the match was set to be played in September, which is the same month the national team will be playing against Chad on the 4th, 5th or 6th for the second round of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers.
The British company which is organizing the match asked the Pharaohs to decrease their requested payment for the match as they changed the date to October.
On the other side, CAF announced that World Cup Russia 2018 qualifiers will start in October.