Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
EFA reject friendly match against Uruguay
The Egyptian Football Association have rejected an offer to play a friendly match against Uruguay as both sides didn’t reach an agreement regarding the financial aspects and date of the match.
It was reported that the national team received offers to play friendly matches against Uruguay, Syria and Uzbekistan.
The EFA refused the offer as the match was set to be played in September, which is the same month the national team will be playing against Chad on the 4th, 5th or 6th for the second round of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers.
The British company which is organizing the match asked the Pharaohs to decrease their requested payment for the match as they changed the date to October.
On the other side, CAF announced that World Cup Russia 2018 qualifiers will start in October.