Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
VIDEO: Meteb finish helps Al Ahly overcome Club Africain
Goals from Ahmed Abdel-Zaher and Emad Meteb overturned the scoreline, having gone a goal down courtesy of Imed Meniaoui’s finish.
Al Ahly XI: Ekramy; Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, Sherif Hazem, Sabri Rahil; Hossam Ghaly, Mohamed Rizk (Karim Bambo); Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ (Saladin Said), Abdullah El-Said, Ramadan Sobhy; Ahmed Abdel-Zaher (Emad Meteb).
Club Africain XI: Farouk Ben Moustapha; Oussama Haddadi, Bilel Ifa, Hamza Agrebi, Hicham Belkaroui; Tijani Belaid, Houssine Nater, Salifu Seidu, Nader Ghandri, Saber Khalifa, Imed Meniaoui.
An error by Al Ahly’s defense could’ve proved costly in the opening seconds, but fortunately for Fathi Mabrouk’s men, Meniaoui’s finish was saved by Ekramy.
The Reds upped their game, coming extremely close to scoring in the opening three minutes, but Ahmed Abdel-Zaher’s poorly placed finish was saved by Farouk Ben Mustapha.
Ramadan Sobhy then set up Abdullah El-Said, but the former Ismaily man’s finish drifted wide of the post.
The People’s Club however were the ones who took the ascendency; Saber Khalifa’s cleverly weighed through pass falling in the path of Meniaoui who finished into an open net to make it 1-0.
The Red Castle’s reply came quick when Ahmed Abdel-Zaher made up for his earlier miss to put the Reds level with a thumping left-footed finish.
The start of the second half signalled an increased attacking drive from the Reds, Abduallh El-Said tried his luck from distance but his strike went wide of the post.
Substitute Emad Meteb scored the Red Devils’ long-awaited second goal, with his side-footed finding the bottom corner.
Things got worse for the Tunisian champions as Saber Khalifa picked up a second booking for what the referee saw as a dive inside the box.
Karim Bambo had the chance to heap more misery on Daniel Sanchez’s, but his low cross was arduously cleared by the Tunisian giants’ defence.