Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Egyptian duo seal Swiss league title with Basel
Egypt’s Ahmed Hamoudi and Mohamed El-Nenny were crowned champions of Switzerland with FC Basel after their goalless draw against BSC Young Boys.
FC Basel were officially crowned Swiss Super League champions for the sixth consecutive year in front of their fans at St. Jakob-Park on Sunday following their 0-0 draw against runners-up BSC Young Boys.
Basel were able to secure the title three games before the official league ends as they maintained their 11-point lead over Young Boys, which made it impossible to catch up with the champions.
This title is El-Nenny’s third in a row, as he became the first Egyptian in history to win three consecutive European league titles. It also marks Hamoudi’s first with the Swiss team.
El-Nenny, who has extended his contract with Basel until 2018, formed and integral part of the team this season with the new manager Paulo Sousa, as he started most of the matches in the midfield alongside the team’s captain Fabian Frei. Hamoudi, however, didn’t feature in most of the games this season, as he is yet to adapt to European football.
The Egyptian duo may complete a domestic double with their team, as they will be facing Sion in the Swiss Cup final on June 7.