Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Egyptian duo seal Swiss league title with Basel
Egypt’s Ahmed Hamoudi and Mohamed El-Nenny were crowned champions of Switzerland with FC Basel after their goalless draw against BSC Young Boys.
FC Basel were officially crowned Swiss Super League champions for the sixth consecutive year in front of their fans at St. Jakob-Park on Sunday following their 0-0 draw against runners-up BSC Young Boys.
Basel were able to secure the title three games before the official league ends as they maintained their 11-point lead over Young Boys, which made it impossible to catch up with the champions.
This title is El-Nenny’s third in a row, as he became the first Egyptian in history to win three consecutive European league titles. It also marks Hamoudi’s first with the Swiss team.
El-Nenny, who has extended his contract with Basel until 2018, formed and integral part of the team this season with the new manager Paulo Sousa, as he started most of the matches in the midfield alongside the team’s captain Fabian Frei. Hamoudi, however, didn’t feature in most of the games this season, as he is yet to adapt to European football.
The Egyptian duo may complete a domestic double with their team, as they will be facing Sion in the Swiss Cup final on June 7.