Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Egyptian duo seal Swiss league title with Basel
Egypt’s Ahmed Hamoudi and Mohamed El-Nenny were crowned champions of Switzerland with FC Basel after their goalless draw against BSC Young Boys.
FC Basel were officially crowned Swiss Super League champions for the sixth consecutive year in front of their fans at St. Jakob-Park on Sunday following their 0-0 draw against runners-up BSC Young Boys.
Basel were able to secure the title three games before the official league ends as they maintained their 11-point lead over Young Boys, which made it impossible to catch up with the champions.
This title is El-Nenny’s third in a row, as he became the first Egyptian in history to win three consecutive European league titles. It also marks Hamoudi’s first with the Swiss team.
El-Nenny, who has extended his contract with Basel until 2018, formed and integral part of the team this season with the new manager Paulo Sousa, as he started most of the matches in the midfield alongside the team’s captain Fabian Frei. Hamoudi, however, didn’t feature in most of the games this season, as he is yet to adapt to European football.
The Egyptian duo may complete a domestic double with their team, as they will be facing Sion in the Swiss Cup final on June 7.