Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Fiorentina representative full of praise for Mohamed Salah
Fiorentina business and development manager Sergi Bernadi was full of praise for Mohamed Salah and the influence of Egyptian footballing fans on the club following Al Ahly’s signing of a cooperation agreement with the Italian giants.
Fiorentina have sent a delegation to Egypt to seal a new cooperation deal, similar to one which other European clubs have signed previously, notably Sporting Lisbon’s agreement with Ittihad of Alexandria. The Florence based side were discussing possible marketing and friendly agreements with Al Ahly, a brilliant cooperation to help further the exposure of Egyptian football to the European game.
Sergi Bernadi, the current business and development manager for La Viola also had glowing praise for Chelsea loanee Mohamed Salah, who signed for the Italian side in the January transfer window after struggling to gain a spot in the first team at Chelsea. “We are pleased with the popularity we gained as a result of the Salah signing. When rumours surfaced that we would sign Salah our Facebook page gained 300,000 likes. We have been trying to gain over a million likes for the past 7 years, Salah’s arrival helped us exceed that.”
Salah has become a fan favourite in Florence following several scintillating performances for La Viola in the UEFA Europa League, the Coppa Italia as well as Seria A. The Egyptian winger has scored 9 goals and added a further two assists in his time at La Viola as well as proving a constant menace to almost any defence he plays against with his speed, direct running and movement in and around the 18 yard box.
Bernadi also confirmed that Fiorentina are currently in negotiations with Chelsea to extend Salah’s loan deal, which they have the option of extending at the end of the current season for another year. “We are in negotiations to extend the deal with Chelsea for a further year.” Bernadi stated in the press conference held last night, and with performances similar to ones which Salah has already made, the deal could be crucial for Fiorentina next season following the loss of Juan Cuadrado in the January transfer window, who went in the opposite direction in a permanent deal to Chelsea.